Fuel lines done to death- one more enquiry - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Fuel lines done to death- one more enquiry

Hey folks,

I am wanting to ask any forum members in Melbourne, South East who have done the fuel line upgrade to assist me in doing this modification. I am very novice at most things to do with MV's and somewhat nervous to play with things involving fuel without guidance or supervision.

If you have some time spare on the weekend and don't mind teaching a novice and lending a hand I would love to hear from you. Happy to buy lunch, and supply a slab of beer or bottle of scotch for your time and help.

I have pretty much all the tools bar a clic r clamp tool. I have acquired a Gates external fuel line hose 5/16 approx 1 meter and am in search of the correct metal fittings and clamps.
If anyone knows where to get the metal fittings/clamps in Australia and can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

I know many of you will be shaking your heads and grinding your teeth, some will even want to curse. I am asking for help because I don't feel confident to attempt this based on reading instructions and following manuals, I need someone who is an SME to ensure I am doing things correctly and doesn't mind teaching.

Who wants to help a fellow MV man?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 06:59 PM

New Site Garage
Can't help with labour mate, but the fuel fittings can be picked up at many Triumph and Ducati dealers, have you asked the MV dealers near you ? That is if you're not willing to buy them from the Forum vendors.
The clamps, in Stainless steel, can be picked up at any car parts distributor, Auto One ..etc, or hardware shop eg. Bunnings.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfc View Post
Hey folks,

I am wanting to ask any forum members in Melbourne, South East who have done the fuel line upgrade to assist me in doing this modification. I am very novice at most things to do with MV's and somewhat nervous to play with things involving fuel without guidance or supervision.

If you have some time spare on the weekend and don't mind teaching a novice and lending a hand I would love to hear from you. Happy to buy lunch, and supply a slab of beer or bottle of scotch for your time and help.

I have pretty much all the tools bar a clic r clamp tool. I have acquired a Gates external fuel line hose 5/16 approx 1 meter and am in search of the correct metal fittings and clamps.
If anyone knows where to get the metal fittings/clamps in Australia and can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

I know many of you will be shaking your heads and grinding your teeth, some will even want to curse. I am asking for help because I don't feel confident to attempt this based on reading instructions and following manuals, I need someone who is an SME to ensure I am doing things correctly and doesn't mind teaching.

Who wants to help a fellow MV man?
I have one suggestion for you, before you take out your fuel pump or have someone else do it, just make sure you have a spare O-ring or else. Good luck.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by spypyp View Post
I have one suggestion for you, before you take out your fuel pump or have someone else do it, just make sure you have a spare O-ring or else. Good luck.
+10

msfc;
the O-rings get cut by the metal notches next to the mounting studs, you should epoxy the notches and sand the epoxy smooth......it's in Donsy's sticky.........somewhere

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
+10

msfc;
the O-rings get cut by the metal notches next to the mounting studs, you should epoxy the notches and sand the epoxy smooth......it's in Donsy's sticky.........somewhere
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

my posts are sorted last post 1st so I can see the latest......I have no time to search for everyone else.......

I'm......

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I am lucky to have a few spare including some smaller O rings which were thrown in when I bought the rear wheel bearing from a forum member. I will suss out the metal filler part of the upgrade for the fuel pump as well wen I do the fuel lines.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Established Member

Are you having a problem with fuelling? If not, why would you be looking to tamper with it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

F4 1000R #67
YZFR6 #67
853R
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I don't know how much ethanol is in Oz fuel but regardless make sure the fuel pipe you get can handle that sort of fuel. As a rule MV's don't like high percentages of ethanol. In the UK it is always recommended that one uses "super" variants of unleaded.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 01:48 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
I don't know how much ethanol is in Oz fuel but regardless make sure the fuel pipe you get can handle that sort of fuel. As a rule MV's don't like high percentages of ethanol. In the UK it is always recommended that one uses "super" variants of unleaded.
We are are lucky in Australia so far (except for the price of fuel),we have a maximum of 10% of Ethanol in our fuel,but most fuel choices have no Ethanol at all.But if he is doing the fuel hose and filter service he still needs the submersible fuel hose in the tank and quality fuel injection hose externally.Gates in Australia have have both types of hose available.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode