New member with F4 312 question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New member with F4 312 question

Hi all

New member from India (living in Dubai) and looking for a MV F4 312 to give my ZX7R and Ducati 998 company

I had a few questions and was hoping that you guys can help:

1. Does the 312 come in 2 engine capacities? 998 and 1078?

2. What's the going rate for one of these ? I've been looking on ebay and cant seem to find one but UK seems to have quite a few

thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
FOr question 1, yes. There are two engines. The 2007/8 version had the 998. The later versions were 1078.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Established Member

The R312 was the homologation special available for 2007 and 2008 which was 1,000cc (998), the 1078cc version was not homologated for racing and was the RR312, available for 2008 and 2009.

Prices vary, new the R312 was over 14k and the RR312 over 16k, used the cheapest is not necessarily the best. There is a small marketplace for these as many are scared of ownership, so I suspect this affects prices. Many have been tracked, but i'm not into that, I like standard special bikes for the road personally, so would avoid anything myself, that looked like it may have been.
I have seen several in dealers that have repairs, and signs of gravel rash from track spills, denied by dodgy sales people of course.

I have both, the 2008 R312 from new registered in 2010 biposto, with just over 3k on it, and the RR312 which is from 2009, monoposto, which still isn't registered, and hasn't turned a wheel, both white/black, haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Hope you find the right one, I dont like anything after these models, with all the various maps, or traction control, I wanted the raw bike.

Just my2p
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 04:39 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K916 View Post
Hi all

New member from India (living in Dubai) and looking for a MV F4 312 to give my ZX7R and Ducati 998 company

I had a few questions and was hoping that you guys can help:

1. Does the 312 come in 2 engine capacities? 998 and 1078?

2. What's the going rate for one of these ? I've been looking on ebay and cant seem to find one but UK seems to have quite a few

thanks all
Hi bud

I lived in dubai for 4 years. How you ever going to ride your bike when summer lasts 8-9 months lol. Just a piece of advice if you buy one make sure you do the water impeller mod so the bike doesnt run hot. Over in dubai you will cook the bike although theres not much traffic flying down sheikh zaiyed rd lol.

I use to live in dubai marina i worked on the palm island and atlantis hotel. What are you doing there? I remember there was a guy in the UAE importing all sorts of bikes. It was called emirates sportsbikes or something he had MVs and ducatis all imported from allover i dont know if his still in business but maybe you can track him down. He was in abu dhabi maybe?

Cheers
Sam

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
FOr question 1, yes. There are two engines. The 2007/8 version had the 998. The later versions were 1078.
Thanks for your reply Ss703

I was a bit confused.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsOrBikes View Post
The R312 was the homologation special available for 2007 and 2008 which was 1,000cc (998), the 1078cc version was not homologated for racing and was the RR312, available for 2008 and 2009.

Prices vary, new the R312 was over 14k and the RR312 over 16k, used the cheapest is not necessarily the best. There is a small marketplace for these as many are scared of ownership, so I suspect this affects prices. Many have been tracked, but i'm not into that, I like standard special bikes for the road personally, so would avoid anything myself, that looked like it may have been.
I have seen several in dealers that have repairs, and signs of gravel rash from track spills, denied by dodgy sales people of course.

I have both, the 2008 R312 from new registered in 2010 biposto, with just over 3k on it, and the RR312 which is from 2009, monoposto, which still isn't registered, and hasn't turned a wheel, both white/black, haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Hope you find the right one, I dont like anything after these models, with all the various maps, or traction control, I wanted the raw bike.

Just my2p

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I was looking at a S1000rr with its electronic wizardry but i think im in love with the mv

I guess the 312 will hold its value better than the regular F4?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
Hi bud

I lived in dubai for 4 years. How you ever going to ride your bike when summer lasts 8-9 months lol. Just a piece of advice if you buy one make sure you do the water impeller mod so the bike doesnt run hot. Over in dubai you will cook the bike although theres not much traffic flying down sheikh zaiyed rd lol.

I use to live in dubai marina i worked on the palm island and atlantis hotel. What are you doing there? I remember there was a guy in the UAE importing all sorts of bikes. It was called emirates sportsbikes or something he had MVs and ducatis all imported from allover i dont know if his still in business but maybe you can track him down. He was in abu dhabi maybe?

Cheers
Sam

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

G'day Sam and thanks for your reply

The beach road is my fav for weekend spins. I'm more of the type that looks to oogle, stare and polish as much as i like to ride

I've heard about this importer too but i think he closed shop. I dont mind importing the bike myself like i did with the 998
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Established Member

I believe they will be

The R312.....if you've ever experienced the 'feel' of an engine that had race or enhanced camshafts, like a harshness with responsiveness? you'll recognise it in a standard one of these, it is obvious that it isn't a standard engine, and that alone makes it intoxicating to listen to while riding, let alone how you choose to ride it, as with the lighter crankshaft.

I don't give mine a hard time, and it's very er....entertaining lol
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsOrBikes View Post
I believe they will be

The R312.....if you've ever experienced the 'feel' of an engine that had race or enhanced camshafts, like a harshness with responsiveness? you'll recognise it in a standard one of these, it is obvious that it isn't a standard engine, and that alone makes it intoxicating to listen to while riding, let alone how you choose to ride it, as with the lighter crankshaft.

I don't give mine a hard time, and it's very er....entertaining lol

cant wait to get one but it seems like they are rather hard to find :-(
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 12:46 PM

R312 are all over the place, plenty to sell where i live.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode