Saving an SPR... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Saving an SPR...

Hello everyone ! New MV owner here. I am currently bringing back SPR #133 back to life.

I have lusted for one ever since I first saw the SPR in 04 but the price has always been the main deterrence.

A friend(a collector) has had the bike since 05 and had been gathering part for it. I have since happily taken it off his hands. Salvaged from low side/front end damage with less than 2k miles. The towing company did more damage to the bike.
Most of the stuff is there and already replaced. Front end is sorted. Original fairings has been re-painted but as you all know the SPR paint is hard to duplicate so it not very good. Not my main concern at this point really.

I am hoping to reach out to the community here for anyone that has parts, mainly HARDWARE they want to sell or get rid off. I'm missing nuts, bolt and bracket to finish the bike.

I will be more specific once I have done more work on the bike and send out an update list.

Please feel free to shoot me anything you have(even better if its SPR parts) an I will get back to you.

Thanks !!
Shaik
themightymotor.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
There aren't many SPR specific parts other than the panels. The air tubes are carbon fiber covered, not carbon fiber like the Senna or Tamburini. The engine and transmission are special. It was the first year they used the Marzocchis instead of the Showas. The dash was a little different cosmetically.

As the flat black paint becomes more and more popular, more shops can do a pretty good job with it.

I own #125 and #290.

post a picture or two. I'd like to see it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Welcome to the forum.
I'd think that the best fella to help out with components to restore your SPR to its former glory would be Carl (CAG)
For starters this thread may be useful to you:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64354

Good luck.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have # 275...purchased as a track bike for my 60th birthday present to myself. I am also piecing together the bits needed to put it back to original and am almost there.

Some of the body parts are still available from MV ...but very pricey. The matte paint has become a very popular OEM finish these days and lots of good painters can duplicate it very well.

Best wishes for your restoration....these are very special bikes indeed!!

I have the parts book if you need any part numbers to try and source. Just PM me.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
There aren't many SPR specific parts other than the panels. The air tubes are carbon fiber covered, not carbon fiber like the Senna or Tamburini. The engine and transmission are special. It was the first year they used the Marzocchis instead of the Showas. The dash was a little different cosmetically.

As the flat black paint becomes more and more popular, more shops can do a pretty good job with it.

I own #125 and #290.

Thanks! I'll get a picture up soon. Looks like you're the guy to talk to.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Welcome to the forum.
I'd think that the best fella to help out with components to restore your SPR to its former glory would be Carl (CAG)
For starters this thread may be useful to you:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64354

Good luck.
Thanks for the welcome. I'll check the thread.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I have # 275...purchased as a track bike for my 60th birthday present to myself. I am also piecing together the bits needed to put it back to original and am almost there.

Some of the body parts are still available from MV ...but very pricey. The matte paint has become a very popular OEM finish these days and lots of good painters can duplicate it very well.

Best wishes for your restoration....these are very special bikes indeed!!

I have the parts book if you need any part numbers to try and source. Just PM me.
Yes! I saw your post awhile back on your purchase.

The parts book is definitely something I need.

Thank !
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post

I own #125 and #290.

Here a pic of it when it was delivered to me. Looks a little better now with new subframe and tail back on.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
You do have a bit of work to do!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
You do have a bit of work to do!!!
Yup ! I wasn't lying when I said I needed hardware.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode