From S1000rr to F4? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

From S1000rr to F4?

Hello All!

I never thought I'd get the itch to leave my dream machine but I first got the Beamer because besides having enough safety features to get me comfortable with the idea of taking on the risk of motorcycling, it was exclusive at one point and I just had to have it! Fast forward 2 seasons and I'm exclusively riding track, still in love with the look and the performance of this BEAST, but I no longer have that exclusive feeling as on the grid, every 4th bike seems to be a Beamer these days. Which brings me to the F4 and my questions.

How have your experiences been with it in the track environment?
Anyone else make the jump from S1000 to F4? How did the performance and reliability on the track stack up?
Any other advice you can share about the F4 in general with regards to performance and reliability?

The only other possiblity is to go the route of the Panigale, for the same reasons.

In the meantime, I've seen a few comments on here about how fugly the Beamer is, so I'm attaching some pics of my current baby, because I think she's beautiful! Paint scheme is a tribute to the 2011 World Superbike Italia team.

But it goes without saying that the F4 is on another level. That "priceless work of art" level....

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Thumbs up Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudolus View Post
In the meantime, I've seen a few comments on here about how fugly the Beamer is, so I'm attaching some pics of my current baby, because I think she's beautiful! Paint scheme is a tribute to the 2011 World Superbike Italia team.

But it goes without saying that the F4 is on another level. That "priceless work of art" level....

Thanks in advance!
P,

First, Welcome to the forum. I can't speak of the transition or track riding, but I am one here that vocally speaks to the negative aesthetics of the s1000. I think they are ugly in their stock street plastics and headlights. Once draped in race plastics, with the headlight assembly removed, my opinion changes however, it is a beautiful motorcycle. Yours looks great!

As far as reliability, you can bullet proof an F4, and there is plenty of info on here about how to do it! The maintaining and caring of the bike is amazingly easy. You can have her torn apart in less than an hour with only a few tools if you even possess moderate mechanical and technical skill.

Good luck on the transition should you choose to accept it. The F4 is a beast itself. I love mine on the street. I want to get to the track so bad it hurts, but due to some major financial obligations and renovation projects, my future track exploits have been put on temporary hold. But when I do make it I plan to track out an F4 750 as my first!

Please post some pics if you do the build!

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

Last edited by Ian SAVS; 11-14-2013 at 11:18 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:33 PM

Probably you´ve the perfect bike for the track and I think you´re just looking for something different...exclusive!
I´ve tested a BMW at the track and in my opinion is a fantastic bike but comparing witk my "old and heavy" F4 was like day and night.
I think the F4 is still trying to catch the other SBK. In my opinion and only for track days I would buy an F3 (800) which should be exclusive a lot of fun on track days and if possible keep the BMW.
In my opinion BMW and Aprilia are making the best package SBK but again I don´t have any of these...some call it passion!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:59 PM

I have owned both, not tracked either I suggest you try one before you buy it

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:13 PM

New Site Garage
It comes down to personal preference especially on the track the bmw has the best electronics package but maybe as a complete bike its not suited to you. I have friends who are very competitive racers and say the zx10r is better than the bmw.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Established Member

For track stay with the BMW. PERIOD. Or get a aprilia rsv4 factory which is the only thing better for track.
For reference I own a 13 rsv4 factory, 13 panigale R and a 11 MV F4 ,rode a BMW s1000R at barber this summer and have lots of race experience

Last edited by sonnythebull; 11-14-2013 at 08:33 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 03:08 AM

Stick with the bmw. My 2 cents.

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:56 PM

Get the F4RR
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 01:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
I tested the S1000RR HP4 and my F4RR both in one day at our local superbike track in Moscow - you'll have a lot of work on your hands if you get the F4, but it's fun. I'm still not done setting the F4RR up so it could be competitive, though.
In my opinion, if you want results - keep the BMW, if you want fun - buy the F4.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Rather than multi quote all of you to death, I want to say THANK YOU to all for the replies. I do know performance on the track is the most important thing for me right now so based on your recommendations, I'll have to stick with the Beamer, and maybe look at the RSV4, although I notice they're starting to creep up in popularity too! LOL

I also think taking a look at the F3 is an intriguing suggestion, and I'm now thinking maybe it would be nice to have an MV for casual street riding.

THANK YOU ALL again for the insights. TRULY APPRECIATED!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode