An Unlikely Convert - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

An Unlikely Convert

My Builder /race engineer who has been doing work on my 2007 MV F4 312R (fork cartridges/seals, rear shock , new hub , billet side stand ,plugs , tune ,added traction control,silicone hoses, racing water pump and Febur racing radiator.) is the poster child for OCD. Great for building engines and ECU tuning and his work is immaculate(and slow lol) He has been in Motorcycle racing for 25 years and has sworn that the Japanese are the only manufacturers that really make a truly good product . The European and Italian manufacturers may make a motorcycle that excel in one area but never thought through as a whole .
Meaning good all around bike ,race machine , ease of maintenance , fit and finish.
What a shock it was to hear the same guy turn and say to me ... I have to admit , I am really impressed with the MV AGUSTA F4 . They really thought this bike through , its easy to work on,(compared to Japanese ) all the pieces line up & mount correctly, fit & finish is excellent and when I took it out for a ride the chassis gave good feedback and stable mid corner.He went on to say the power band was broad and linear, not peaky like the new ZX10R that Kawasaki had loaned the track.
Lastly he looked at me and said ..you know , after all the magazine articles putting the MV F4 as a bike that could be great but needs refinement . I never thought I would like the MV F4, but after I rode the bike it turns out to be my favorite liter bike. I then replied ...Rich I thought the same way till I rode the F4, then I bought it the next day. Will have full report/pics on upgrades when bike returns .

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-18-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 12:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Jake;
you're preaching to the fan club.......we already know that

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Jake I hope your mechanic realises the best bike to ever come out of Japan was the Kawasaki H2

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:24 AM

.....Ade will be along presently ........

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Wink Speaking Of Preaching

This is why I don't rate magazines at all & don't go by their reviews good, bad or indifferent.

Generally in the reviewing business, there is, inter alia:

1. Vested interests,
2. Human bias and;
3. Just plain dickheads, pure & simple.

Until they can get someone to review a bike using my bum, my heart & my soul - I see it as useful as someone telling what tastes good & what doesn't.

Pretty much the bike magazines I like to read are classic & enthusiasts' bike magazines because the political bullshit doesn't impinge on those - it's just about reliving the old world charm.

Like Noel said Jake, you are preaching to the converted which gives a damn good audience It's nice to hear stories like yours where others who were previously blind have now seen the light.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:30 AM

Rob, without wanting to sound overly blasphemous, I think you should start 'The Church of MV Agusta'........you only require 12 followers (disciples)..... I'd be a starter......ps Churches don't pay Tax

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
This is why I don't rate magazines at all & don't go by their reviews good, bad or indifferent.

1. Vested interests,
2. Human bias and;

Until they can get someone to review a bike using my bum, my heart & my soul - I see it as useful as someone telling what tastes good & what doesn't.

Pretty much the bike magazines I like to read are classic & enthusiasts' bike magazines because the political bullshit doesn't impinge on those - it's just about reliving the old world charm.

Like Noel said Jake, you are preaching to the converted which gives a damn good audience It's nice to hear stories like yours where others who were previously blind have now seen the light.
I would say that they are inconsistent too. One time its this and the other time its exact the opposite for exactly the same thing. I just guess it has to do with the fact that dont know what to write and cant always write the same orso. When it comes to motorcycle magazines you should not judge who will write the best, but just who will write the least crap...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post

1. Vested interests,
2. Human bias and;

Pretty much. Follow the money. Who advertises the most? Japanese makers and accessory makers for Japanese bikes. Being completely objective sometimes has financial implications.

I am however glad to see "some" honest feedback to MV. If they took some of the criticism to heart and corrected some minor issues there would be some majorly impressive MV's for sale.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
Rob, without wanting to sound overly blasphemous, I think you should start 'The Church of MV Agusta'........you only require 12 followers (disciples)..... I'd be a starter......ps Churches don't pay Tax
count me in Rob

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Talking Out Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
Sorry Chris, I've been distracted by 'scambaiting' it's my new sport of the moment. The game is basically to reply to a scammer (using a Hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc account) and show great interest & even greater gullibility, then via a serious of changed circumstances, the money is lamost there not quite there etc etc, the key to see how long you can keep them online looking for the money in a frustrated state until they simply give up in exasperation.

[email protected] gave up after 3 days of my failed Western Union deposits and failed Pay pal deposits, damn lightweight.

[email protected] is doing far better 5 days in and can he almost smell that $950 shipping fee I sent him - he's worked hard and is seeing is reward on the (vanishing) Horizon, now this guy is a stayer - YEAH!

Apart from being very enjoyable, I am doing a public service by keeping them from targeting others and demoralising them in the process

Ok so, Tax free, Church, MV Agusta? They are things that appeal to me - keep talking I am listening

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode