Need EPA Advice! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Need EPA Advice!

Hello,

My husband "Mr. Master" passed away a year ago and we have now decided to sell his 2010 MV F4. We moved from Georgia (where we purchased the bike) to California. I'm trying to get the title in my name and was not successful today because I don't have an EPA sticker. I don't think Georgia regulates this. How can I get an EPA sticker so I can sell this bike?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mrs. Master
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM

New Site Garage
Can't help you with the EPA subject Melissa, but truly sorry to hear about Mark, our thought's are with you and your family.
Mark was a well liked forum member, and I had many a discussion with him.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink selling?

Melissa;
very sorry about your loss.....

as long as you have the Georgia title to the bike AND it has 7,500 mi on it you can sell it in California

as the surviving spouse you can sell it without registering it in your name, California is a joint property state

the bike's VIN number indicates that it was USA legal....you don't need any EPA crap

I'd put it up on the Forum For Sale Section

you have any hassles call me

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Very Sorry.

Pants up, don't loot.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Master View Post
Hello,

My husband "Mr. Master" passed away a year ago and we have now decided to sell his 2010 MV F4. We moved from Georgia (where we purchased the bike) to California. I'm trying to get the title in my name and was not successful today because I don't have an EPA sticker. I don't think Georgia regulates this. How can I get an EPA sticker so I can sell this bike?

Mrs. Master

Once a bike has over 7,500 miles on it the state of california should allow registration.

I take it from what you've said that its a GA. title still. If so, are you on the title? If not the easiest way to get on it is to contact the GA. dmv with your husbands death certificate and they should issue the title in your name. There may even be a POA form to fill out or some easy to do online thing. Would need to call the DMV in GA. for more concrete info. though.
If you are on the title with the word "and" between your names the same would apply because both co-owners would need to sign off on the title.

If you are on the title with the word "or" between the names then you have legal right to sell the bike with title as is. As with assignment being from either owner will satisfy any dmv requirement.

The fact that you are physically in california has no bearing as to whether you can sell the bike or not. The relevancy only comes into play if someone were to want to register/title the bike in said state. Sold outside the state, or if the bike will be taken out of state, you need not worry.

The whole thing about the EPA sticker comes into play because the bike was/is a 49state(federal) bike and not a "CA"(approved for sale in california) bike. My understanding is the way around this is to have the vehicle with 7,500 miles or more.

For whatever reason, should you wish to not deal with the DMV you can purchase a gauge cluster with 7,500, or more, miles on it; and either have it installed on the bike, or just give it the new owner who would have plans to title/register the bike in CA. Or one could send out the original dash to have more than 7,500 miles put on it for a marginal cost. Understandably its probably more than you would want to deal with, but those are some options. Again, if the buyer isn't going to keep the bike in california then its all a moot point.

If you have anymore questions regarding this please feel free to send a private message and i'll try to assist any way possible.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 05:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
My condolences. I hope you find an easy solution to this issue.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I had no idea he had passed away, my sincere condolences...

All MVs imported into the USA are CARB certified. That is to say they are California legal with regards EPA regulations. There are no MVs in the USA after 2001 that are not California legal.

The EPA sticker was originally under the seat. Unless the bike has been heavily modified, or someone purposely removed the sticker, it should still be there. If not, you could contact MV USA and ask for a letter of compliance. They should be more than happy to provide that.

Again, my condolences on your (and all of ours) loss.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Master View Post
Hello,

Mrs. Master
So sorry to hear that..Mark was a nice guy

joe
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I had no idea he had passed away, my sincere condolences...

All MVs imported into the USA are CARB certified. That is to say they are California legal with regards EPA regulations. There are no MVs in the USA after 2001 that are not California legal.

The EPA sticker was originally under the seat. Unless the bike has been heavily modified, or someone purposely removed the sticker, it should still be there. If not, you could contact MV USA and ask for a letter of compliance. They should be more than happy to provide that.

Again, my condolences on your (and all of ours) loss.

Well there you go. Never saw the decals on either of my bikes so didn't know this.

Letter of compliance would be helpful, just not so sure Agusta will be. Push come to shove someone on here has to have an oem seat with the sticker still on it.

EDIT: You sure about this? Just looked at all seats on ebay and none of them have any sticker. Even on the brand new take offs that maxcorse is selling.

Last edited by varium; 10-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM

Mrs. Master,

First, my condolences for your loss and my best wishes!

Where in Calif. are you. I would like to help you. At my dealership we work with a registration service that I am positive they could take care of it for you. However, we are in Escondido, San Diego North County area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode