petrol tank and air box removal for nooby - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

petrol tank and air box removal for nooby

Hi guys,

I am looking for links with big pictures or images or for someone to provide images showing DIY tank and air box removal. I am new to DIY and am unfamiliar with the procedure. I want to be able to remove my tank and air box for my respray project coming up soon and carry out maintenance in the future.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfc View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking for links with big pictures or images or for someone to provide images showing DIY tank and air box removal. I am new to DIY and am unfamiliar with the procedure. I want to be able to remove my tank and air box for my respray project coming up soon and carry out maintenance in the future.

Thanks
RIng 0410853633
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Mick
Download the manuals, the 1000 F4 manuals are a bit more informative than some of 750 manuals I have, but in there you will find a very detailed description of what needs to come off, and how to do it, complete with pictures.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

msfc;
remove the tank when it has a minimal amount of fuel in it

have a place to put the tank BEFORE you remove it
an old rear tire or box with a folded blanket over them works

do the fuel line mods while you have the tank off and change the fuel filter

replace the rear well nuts in the air box with rivnuts too

its in Donsy's sticky

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I will look into it. I have my custom project as priority at the moment. But I do see your point on the fuel lines and would need to attend to it at one point or another. My biggest problem is not really having the right tools, and the parts or the know-how. If lets say they were sold on the forum as an upgrade kit, with colour pictures showing step-by-step installation that could be good. So if someone has access to all the parts, box em up, chuck in instructions for dummies (myself) and post?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM

New Site Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
I will look into it. I have my custom project as priority at the moment. But I do see your point on the fuel lines and would need to attend to it at one point or another. My biggest problem is not really having the right tools, and the parts or the know-how. If lets say they were sold on the forum as an upgrade kit, with colour pictures showing step-by-step installation that could be good. So if someone has access to all the parts, box em up, chuck in instructions for dummies (myself) and post?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or something mate, but, maybe have a look in the Maint section, some guys have gone through a lot of effort to try and help those prepared to help themselves.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM

Wink ?

Quote:
I will look into it. I have my custom project as priority at the moment. But I do see your point on the fuel lines and would need to attend to it at one point or another. My biggest problem is not really having the right tools, and the parts or the know-how. If lets say they were sold o]n the forum as an upgrade kit, with colour pictures showing step-by-step installation that could be good. So if someone has access to all the parts, box em up, chuck in instructions for dummies (myself) and post?
>there is no royal road to learning.....
>turning wrenches is a learned thing
>your life choices didn't equip you with the tools or desire to fix your own things
>i doubt forum sponsors are going to offer kits and tutorials mostly for legal reasons
>those of us that do have a disease......we like helping MV owners

if you lived in SoCal you could come by and use my shop and tools as a Forum member

sorry

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have to say a big thanks to spypyp who is going to teach me in person shortly. The knurl... If I was a local, I would live in your shop and strip my bike down, do a rebuild and learn everything.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 AM

Wink

Quote:
I have to say a big thanks to spypyp who is going to teach me in person shortly. The knurl... If I was a local, I would live in your shop and strip my bike down, do a rebuild and learn everything.
no, you wouldn't.....

you would come in do your job and leave.......

Spiros will watch over your antics

and guide you

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have to say I am very keen to learn about general maintenance for my bike. Don't want to pay other people when I can do a bloody good job myself once I know how.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode