Help with 07 Senna please! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Help with 07 Senna please!

I need a picture of the three fuse connectors on the left side of the engine where the diode is. My "mechanic" (idiot friend) reversed the battery connections putting a new one in. Went to fix the diode and failed to mark where all the wires are speed to be returned. I have it now but need to see the correct layout of all three plugs and wires. ..... Thank you!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 PM

New Site Garage
Try looking at the wiring diagram or the electrical section in the workshop manuals mate.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The diode on mine is on the clip with the 40 amp fuse. Looked at the manual but both the in and out are red so its hard to figure out the orientation. The other one with the red and black connectors are hard to figure out also.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 10:59 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiked View Post
The diode on mine is on the clip with the 40 amp fuse. Looked at the manual but both the in and out are red so its hard to figure out the orientation. The other one with the red and black connectors are hard to figure out also.

Ah, okay, give me a second, I'll get some pics happening.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 09-25-2013 at 11:04 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 11:10 PM

New Site Garage
Sorry about the bad pics and dirt, the last time I rode that bike it took of into the air and destroyed itself. It does not matter which way round the 2 reds go, as they are just being switched, I somehow doubt that the orientation of the other two make a difference also, the part to get right is the diode orientation and the location of the 4 wires on the plug.
Hope that makes sense, the 2 reds are just being switched by the relay, the 2 others are the relay coil wires and they operate the relay function.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you! That helps a lot..... do you happen to know what the box next to it with only two wires (red clip and black clip) is for?
If the diode is in properly and it still doesn't start is there a way to test the ecu?
When it's connected it makes all the normal sounds, pump priming. ..ect but the starter button does absolutely nothing. Thanks again. .... ready to get back on the road!

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiked View Post
Thank you! That helps a lot..... do you happen to know what the box next to it with only two wires (red clip and black clip) is for?
If the diode is in properly and it still doesn't start is there a way to test the ecu?
When it's connected it makes all the normal sounds, pump priming. ..ect but the starter button does absolutely nothing. Thanks again. .... ready to get back on the road!

I doubt it's the ECU, how sure are you the battery is fully charged?

The ECU will not try to start the bike, if the voltage is too low. Put that thing on charge overnight.
Or, turn it all on, get someone to give you a push while in second gear, hit the start button as you drop the clutch.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 AM

New Site Garage
Also make sure you have no fuses blown on the R/h side of the bike.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you. ... all 15 amp fuses checked out, replaced #4 just in case. Tried new 40amp too. Is the small box with two wires (red and black clips) a piece that can be blown? They were disconnected and don't know the orientation. .... think it's red on top from pics I've seen.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry mate.
I will have to take a bit of a look around, maybe one of the other forum members can help.

My bike's or bike is stripped to the bare minimum electrics. I'll see if I can find anything for you.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode