F4 2009 Instrument Panel Trouble - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy F4 2009 Instrument Panel Trouble

Hey Guys,

First post and it sucks that its to try and solve a problem and not for something happier.
I have only owned the 2009 F4 312 1078 for about 2 months and i washed it for the first time yesterday, when i went to start her the instrument panel backlight comes on but thats it. No pre start speedo movement, no temp nothing. The LCD screen stays blank. Bike starts and runs fine. I took it for a very quick ride around the block just to see.
I have traced it back to the instrument cluster i think, cause i found some weird track/water marks on the chip. Its a white almost residue across the tracks.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 04:35 AM

New Site Garage
Did you check all the fuses?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i removed the right hand fairings and checked all the fuses as per the wiring diagram. Fuse A-1 should have been the one that would have affected the instrument panel, it was all good and i checked the rest just to be sure.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 AM

New Site Garage
Did you check the left hand side fuses too?

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 AM

New Site Garage
Won't be the L/h fuses Sam.
Welcome to the forum mate, jeepers how do you wash a bike that you get water in the dash.
Okay, so by the sound of things, you have removed the dash to have a look inside? Did you try just checking the plug connections at the back and re-installing it ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah i jumped on the forum first and tried everything that was recommended for similar instrument problems. Not to mention i was using the trouble shooting from the users manual as well.
So i unplugged the instrument cluster, checked the plug. All good. Re-installed it, still the same.
It was so strange, started and rode it. Pulled it up, washed it with the garden hose and a sponge. Let it dry in the mount isa sun Then when i turned it on the next day, no dash. All dash lights work eg. Oil, stand, lights, indicators etc.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 05:59 AM

New Site Garage
That's not good man, not too many things that will stop the dash from working if the bike's still running fine, nobody near you with a spare dash ? If you struggle I can send you a spare so you can just test it, that way you won't be buying another for nothing.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 05:59 AM

New Site Garage
Just making sure fuses are checked dons lol

I suggest you clean it with a quickdetailer next time meguires make a really good one. Also hosing the bike down can dry out the bearings in the rear hub and may prematurely give you rear hub problems which you dont want like seizing up on you on the freeway.

Have you tried pulling out the dash and drying it with a hair dryer maybe ? Worth a shot.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Yeah cheers guys, i going to grab some electra clean that i use at work for sensitive electronics and try and clean up what i think is the problem. I will have a check locally for a dash that i can swap out, a bit of plug and play elimination cant hurt. But worsts comes to worst Donsy i might take you up on that offer. I will get back to you mate, and thanks again for the brain pooling.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 07:29 PM

Sorry to see you going through these problems so early in your ownership experience.
Hopefully you will get it sorted soon and all will be good again.
This forum and the people in it -as you have already experienced- are invaluable help.
Let us know the outcome and the eventual solution and remember that italian gals don't like to shower so thoroughly.
As they mentioned earlier, a wet rag or some quick detailer is all you need.
No water hoses!
Good luck!
Daniel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode