Throttle/fuelling/engine problem at 5-6.5 K revs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Throttle/fuelling/engine problem at 5-6.5 K revs

I'm having some trouble with my 05 1000s lately. The bike runs more or less well below and above the mentioned revs.

When it gets just under 5k it makes a strange noise and vibrations can be felt from the engine. The revs don't climb as they should when the bike gets to 5k. It also seems to have less power and the exhaust sound is a bit "dirty" at this range. There is also far more engine brake than before and the engine vibrates irregularly when engine braking, depending on how much you close the throttle.

Once the revs get close to 7k the bike runs and sounds well again.

The bike has 6000 km, took the bike to the dealer and put on a new fuel filter, cleaned the injectors, checked the compression and valve timing and according to them everything seems to be ok.

Also I changed the spark plugs from Iridium back to the normal ones.

Had the EBS relay replaced last year. I think it could be an EBS related problem, because of the vibrations and strange sound when engine braking, but not sure.

What could the problem be? Is there any solution other than a Microtec/Power Commander? The bike is drivable, but its not the way it should be running.

THANKS in advance for your help

Last edited by Majid1000S; 08-23-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Another EBS failure......just my opinion. Djester can tell you all about it.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:07 AM

Fuel lines/filter replaced as per maint. schedule? Evap can removal if you're in USA? Did this just happen out of the blue or after a long period of non-use?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
Fuel lines/filter replaced as per maint. schedule? Evap can removal if you're in USA? Did this just happen out of the blue or after a long period of non-use?
The bike is in Europe. Has been running badly since a 400 km trip in spring. Bike was not used for around 3 winter months but I kept the engine running every week.

Fuel filter was replaced and fuel lines were checked at the bike shop.

The bike was working fine when I got it last year. The previous owner kept it in the garage for several years without running.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode