Luggage carrying on an F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Luggage carrying on an F4

So, we're going away for a few days on the bikes, and I need to be able to carry some spare clothes/shoes (yes, and toiletries, we don't want to stink the restaurants/bars out, do we ... ).

I would like a tail-pack, but given the significant lack of anything sturdy accessible at the rear of the bike for fixing "generic" luggage, the only MV specific stuff I can find is:

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...Imola_Seat_Bag

or

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus..._Rear_Tour_Bag

I don't want to use a rucksack, and don't really want to use a tank bag (mine is magnetic, and my "fuller figure" will no doubt keep trying to push it onto the plastic airbox )

So, just asking the question really - personal reccomendations for either or suitable alternatives please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 PM

Please sell ur F4 and buy a brutie.

Lol j/k

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM

There's this

http://www.ventura-mca.com/

and this

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56068

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Please sell ur F4 and buy a brutie.
Lol j/k
be nice Joe, they have to carry rain gear too

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM

Hey. Can't blame me on that one Noel. He was pretty much asking for it

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post

Thanks

But their seat bag is one of those in my first post, and I'm not sure I want something as bulky as the full Ventura system just for three or four days away ......

My preferred current option is to get my son to carry a bag for me on his bike ......
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:04 AM

I have toured on an F4 on numerous occassions including a few 7 day tours and mange to fit everything, including shoes, wet weather gear, clothes and a digital SLR in a tank bag (which is not extended).

The tank bag.
Attachment 77074

wet weather gear is a nylon one oiece oversuit, shoes are Dunlop volleys (alternative is boat shoes - runners pack up to large). It is a matter of careful frugal packing, packing only what you need and being realistic about what you wear. ie 3 shirts (3 t-shirts and 2 t-shirts and a quick dry long sleeve 'dress' shirt from an outdoor shop). 1 shirt is worn on the bike for a few days leaving 2 shirts for the evenings with one becoming the riding shirt after a couple of evenings. Laundry is done when practical.

Alternatively, friends have posted clothes to the pre booked accomodation and then sent a package of dirty clothes home via the mail.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 AM

Travelling light...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-Moose View Post
So, we're going away for a few days on the bikes, and I need to be able to carry some spare clothes/shoes (yes, and toiletries, we don't want to stink the restaurants/bars out, do we ... ).

I would like a tail-pack, but given the significant lack of anything sturdy accessible at the rear of the bike for fixing "generic" luggage, the only MV specific stuff I can find is:

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...Imola_Seat_Bag

or

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus..._Rear_Tour_Bag

I don't want to use a rucksack, and don't really want to use a tank bag (mine is magnetic, and my "fuller figure" will no doubt keep trying to push it onto the plastic airbox )

So, just asking the question really - personal reccomendations for either or suitable alternatives please?

I just did a few tours this year..Spain and Ireland and Blackpool lol.

Ok I didn't travel on the MV but..... The most useful and "flexible" piece of gear was a fully waterproof bright yellow heavy duty kit back gifted to me as I left for Ireland which has a simple and clever closing arrangement allowing you to squeeze most of the air out of it and seal it by rolling the open end and clipping together in a 3 second action.

These bags are expandable and contractible, they aren't hard so are easily "moulded" to the shape of the seat.
You just need to work out a way of bungeeing to the tail of the bike.

You don't need it to have "MV" on it. You need it to work well.

I would also use a little tank bag for maps, spare gloves,wallet, first aid kit, keys that kinda thing. I hate overloaded tank bags but a small one works well. If it has a little pocket on the side so much the better as you can keep change in there for tolls..Very useful...

This year I invested in proper Gortex lined boots, jacket, and trousers. This means I don't have to carry spare footwear, waterproofs. This in itself is a massive aid to reducing the bulk when travelling.

Joe
Attached Images

Last edited by gotojoe; 08-20-2013 at 03:14 AM.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 AM

New Site Garage
It can be done. Two days ride from home.

"Bags-Connection" tailbag and tankbag.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

I've been away a few times on my mv and personal experience I hated having a tank bag on mine restricted the movement so much when having fun around mountain twisties
I've got the clip on tank bag with the bolt on ring where the fuel cap is
It's buy bag connections fantastic bit of kit just gets in the way for me

Ventura design is brilliant various bag sizes available,also it's reversible so you can sit it over the passenger seat so weight distribution is better

life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
but by the moments that take our breath away

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode