2002 F4 Seena first day of owning it, worst day ever, please help! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

2002 F4 Senna first day of owning it, worst day ever, please help!

I purchased this bike a month ago on from someone in California and 1 month later, it finally arrived. I was looking forward to this being a good day. it couldn't have been any worse.

first off, it was damaged by the shipping company, they must have put something on top of it because the top of the metal crate was bent down and the gas tank right on the sides of the key guard were heavily scratched. After taking it out of the crate and fueling it up, the bike started no problem but then began to have weaker starts afterwards. The previous owner had just installed a new battery 1 month ago right before it was shipped but the bike sat unstarted in a crate for almost that entire time so I figured it just needed to be ran to charge it up. After a mile on my first ride, the tach stopped working but everything else seemed fine. Then all of a sudden the digital gauge and all of the lights on the dash started blinking. Next the digital gauge went blank and soon after the bike just cut off. There I was, stranded. I had a friend pick me up and I put my old battery on a charger and bought a new one that was fully charged to install so I could at least get it home. Well, the contacts on this new battery were reversed and my dumb ass made the mistake of hooking the battery up to the wrong contacts. When I corrected this, the oil light and the one to the right of it are constantly lit red. Nothing works when the key is turned. What does this all mean? What have I done? Oh and if my day couldn't have gotten any worse, the bike fell over on the tow truck on the way home. All of this on my first day of owning my dream bike. I would appreciate some help/opinions. Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Crunknasty; 08-08-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 04:58 AM

New Site Garage
Lots of guys on here which might be able to help you with this. DOnsy and Ed are two of the best. I would contact the tow company about the damage caused by them. Not sure how they felt the chains on the rims would hold the bike.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:07 AM

New Site Garage
Mate im sorry too hear about this. But before you touched the battery sounded like your bike blew the 40 amp fuse located under the left hand side fairing as i remember. If you remove the fairing you will see 3 black fuse boxes remove the boxes and check all fuses you will see the 40 amp burnt. Replace it and try it again

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:51 AM

New Site Garage
Damn, what a misfortune... Hope you get it sorted and can enjoy one of the most beauty bikes ever!

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
OMG !!! What a nightmare.....

First of all, the shipping company is responsible for their damage. Hope you had the driver sign the bill of lading indicating the damage they caused so you can pursue that claim. It's going to be expensive and parts are going to be hard to find....sorry.

Secondly, the tow company are complete idiots and owe you for the damage THEY caused. I hope you had them acknowledge that....chains on the rims??? what the hell were they thinking....again, going to be expensive and parts hard to find...

Lastly, the battery installed backwards has burnt a diode out. Well documented in other threads. Easy fix and cheap (YAY!!!), and the bike stopped running when the battery discharged because the 40 amp fuse is blown so there is no charging voltage to the battery from the alternator. Again, well documented and cheap to fix.
Search the forum for "diode" and "40 amp fuse".

I feel really badly for your painful experience and hope you get it all straightened out.
Welcome to the forum/family....the Senna is a stunningly beautiful bike.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:09 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
My opinion is that is one shitty day.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I'm with him! Sorry dude!

Pants up, don't loot.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:43 PM

It can only get better, I hope.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post

That pretty much sums it all up.

The only thing worse that I can think of besides the original post is to have your AIDS test come back positive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Wow, just effing wow.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode