My F4 750 will not rev past 9000 RPM - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

My F4 750 will not rev past 9000 RPM

Could someone please provide some input into my issue I am having , my F4 750 will not rev past 9000RPM , a few weeks back I thought i had solved the issue after cleaning the following :

Air Filter
Changed the fuel filter in the tank
Had the injectors tested and cleaned

Bike is now running on all 4 cylinders but for the life of me will not go over 9000 rpm

This is seriously frustrating ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

just some more information , I also replaced the spark plugs with OEM parts.

Bike was running perfectly fine up until about a month back , so i am certain its not a rev limiter as i have had it over 9000rpm everytime i rode it up until a month back.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 01:49 AM

Hi Warre, can you please describe how the bike responds up to 9K, does it slow and struggle up to this point or is it a sudden stop type thing?

One possible cause could be a blocked fuel tank breather, when you replaced the fuel filter did you inspect all of the fuel lines and internal lines in the tank, they can and do deteriorate and may be blocked or restricting flow.

jimboF4
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

The bike runs smoothly and without any issues up to around 8500 - 9000 rpm , then no matter how wide i open the throttle , she will not pass 9000rpm.
bike idles , revs , and sounds perfect ,
but will not go over 9000rpm,

I did not check the fuel lines , what is the plastic encapsulated filter in the fuel tank ? I replaced the alluminium filter ,
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 AM

Hi Warre, the metal canister fuel filter is the replaceable one, it does have direction arrows showing fuel flow, Donsy's free to download manuals show all of this in good detail. The plastic filter is a removable second mesh filter fitted to the bottom of the pump assembly that is a push fit in the base of the fuel base plate. If you pull on the pump assembly the white plastic bit pulls off and you can clean the gauze and refit.

All the the fuel lines inside the tank need replacing every few years, ethanol in fuel can also have a bad affect, check that yours are in good condition and the breather pipe is clear of debris.

jimboF4
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for this information ,
the bike stood for the best part of 10 years , when I bought the bike it had 195km on the clocks , and that was last year June some time , it is now around 3000km ,
I will open the tank this evening again and look at replacing the pipes.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

How long have you had the bike? Has it ever been past 9k?

It is not a Japan import is it? I understand they have to limit them to 9k for licencing purposes - if so, a second hand ECU (from a non Japan complienced/disignated bike) bolted in will fix all your problems.

Cheers
Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warre sinnott View Post
Thanks for this information ,
the bike stood for the best part of 10 years , when I bought the bike it had 195km on the clocks , and that was last year June some time , it is now around 3000km ,
I will open the tank this evening again and look at replacing the pipes.

One thing the early 750 like yours and mine is they do suffer from internal rusting, I have had to strip and clean mine out and line it with a product called "petseal" available on ebay, works well. Good luck with sorting this. By the way the easy way to drain the tank of fuel is to remove the drain plug on the base of the tank.

jimbo
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 AM

Also make sure the fuel lines are not kinked when the tank is refitted.
This happened to my old 750 at the 1st service, same problem, couldn't rev past 9 k......

Cheers
Adam

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Not a JAP spec model , bike was running well past the 9000rpm mark , until recently.
I am certain it has something to do with the fueling , will look at that this evening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode