F4 750 problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

F4 750 problem

Hi everyone I have a problem with my f4 750, I had a pc3 fitted and since I got it back I have had a problem. The garage I use think it may e a ecu fault. What happens is it starts fine 9/10 times then you ride off then after about 10 mins of riding it loses power for a second then comes back to life but doesn't feel like its running on all cylinders. Then just get worse while trying to nurse it home its spluttering, power comes in little bursts with the throttle open. If you pull the clutch in it cuts out.
Someone on the uk forum had a similar problem and it wasp e often injector couplers had come apart! So going to mention that when it goes back today!!
Any help would be amazing it's too beautiful not to be ridden
Thanks craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 03:38 AM

New Site Garage
Does the dash go blank? Check all your fuses theres a 40 amp fuse on the left hand dide of the bike under the fairing mine was melted and i had the same problem sort of.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
Does the dash go blank? Check all your fuses theres a 40 amp fuse on the left hand dide of the bike under the fairing mine was melted and i had the same problem sort of.

No the dash stays on. Did yours have a power commander on your mv?? It cuts out when I pull the clutch in then it ump starts w hen I release it. I started it to today to take back to the garage and it started straight away.then 5-10 mins later it ran I wouldn't say 100% but it didn't cut out again.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Bad connectors where the power commander plugs in between the factory harness and the injector connections is a common problem....could cause your symptoms.

Also EBS relays on bikes so equipped have been known to cause similar problems.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 04:28 PM

750 F4 so no EBS.

Did the problem occur before or after the Power Commander was installed?

Un-plug the power commander - problem still exist? If it does, then keep looking (injector clean, terminal clean, earths, etc)
Problem goes away? - Check the terminals to the Power Commander (look clean, feel tight?). Then have the shop test the power commander for you.

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havvy View Post
No the dash stays on. Did yours have a power commander on your mv?? It cuts out when I pull the clutch in then it ump starts w hen I release it. I started it to today to take back to the garage and it started straight away.then 5-10 mins later it ran I wouldn't say 100% but it didn't cut out again.
Yes my bike turns off when i pull the clutch in only when im slowing down at a set of lights. But it doesnt turn back on i have to press the ignition again. Yes i have a pc111. I think its just normal now especially when the bike heats up my friends tsmbo did it too

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
That is not "normal"....and it's dangerous.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Hi everyone sorted the problem on the f4. It was a dodgy ecu!!! The bike runs perfectly now so happy thanks for the help!!
One problem gets sorted and another starts..... electrical problem now!!
MORE HELP IS NEEDED PLEASE.......
Well when I put the front light on the dash goes off and the fuse blows. The Main beam still works but the dulled lights don't work when the fuse is blown. I turn the lights off and put a new fuse in and the dash comes back on, the flasher works and doesn't blow the fuse. Any ideas people??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havvy View Post
Hi everyone sorted the problem on the f4. It was a dodgy ecu!!! The bike runs perfectly now so happy thanks for the help!!
One problem gets sorted and another starts..... electrical problem now!!
MORE HELP IS NEEDED PLEASE.......
Well when I put the front light on the dash goes off and the fuse blows. The Main beam still works but the dulled lights don't work when the fuse is blown. I turn the lights off and put a new fuse in and the dash comes back on, the flasher works and doesn't blow the fuse. Any ideas people??
Not sure if this is helpful but something to look at...

I would start by checking connections and making sure there's no corrosion or loose contact. Recently my 40A fuse blew and I had problems with my turn signals and both of these issues were due to bad connections and loose contacts. Noel recommended I use dielectric grease on the connections which I plan to do very soon when I have the panels off the bike again to address some damage I experienced when I dropped mine. After a track day my electrical system got a good shaking up which probably caused the bad connection that started my issues.

Electrical stuff like this is always difficult for people to help with because there are so many places it can go wrong. Some patience and a multi meter and you will probably find it in no time at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode