MV Agusta Forum banner

Australia - new map for 2013 F4

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  juan felipe rodriguez 
#1 ·
Guys in Oz with 2013 F4

FYI - I had a call from Trooper Lus about service call - new map to improve starting and throttle control now available

No news on EAS downshift !

#3 ·
Best to ask your dealer.

Is this new map just for European models or US models as well, I have a brand new white 2013 F4? N will it help with the flat spot I. The throttle I have at about 4,500 rpm if I'm holding it steady at that rpm

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Let's hope you don't think Australia is in Europe :jsm:.

#5 ·
Phew

I think we get the EU models, but except for the carbon cannisters and maybe headlight projectors for the USA, I would have thought the bikes are the same.
I doubt that MV has different maps for different countries. Maybe we need to ask Balz that question, haven't seen him aroung for a while........ED, maybe you know?

#12 ·
Catalytic converters have been on the MV's since 2007, so nothing new there.

My point was that the old ECU's where not accessible by your average dealer, the new one's are, at least to the point where new maps from the factory can be installed.

I know Japan has restrictions as do France...etc, but I'm pretty sure there would not be much difference between the base fuel maps for these bike's as was originally asked.

MV can't even sort the standard mapping out on one model, how are they going to manage any more than that.

#13 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I picked up my F4 RR 2013 and the dealer had to update their software to put new maps on the bike, from what I saw Australian Mv's are running on European maps. The map that has been uploaded on the bike had description "Europe except France".
But I still think that the throttle response is not as great compares to the F4R 2012 I just trade in.

#15 ·
A sales man at Moto arena gold coast told me that all the models were working fine now both up and down.
As far as I know the downshift is still unavailable.
I do know that the new map, (as of a few weeks ago) really helped my throttle response. Also it's not quite as lean as before, not perfect by any means but way better.

#20 ·
Gents...............................please be patient :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: your respective dealers should have a heads up on your bikes status regards the electronics........if you are in doubt...... ask the question: wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: if you are not happy with the answer then............... put the pressure on :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: to get some clarity into the way forward............... in OZ; there are various updates filtering through however, once again, what is applicable here may not be in other countries so we should not be posting at "cross purposes here" :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: here are a few pics of the R taken by my wife...................:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.