Break / Clutch lever plunger Removal - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Break / Clutch lever plunger Removal

Okay I feel like a dork for even writing this, but I got new levers for the RR, which uses Brembo master cylinders -- the new levers don't come with the plunger, assuming you're gonna canibalize the ones from the old levers

HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET THE OLD PLUNGERS OFF?

I managed it on my ducati a while back don't remember having a problem, but the levers on the RR don't open wide enough to slide the plunger thing out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Leigh.

----
Those wishing to tame lions should attend carefully the difference between domestication and sophisticated food gathering techniques.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink plungers?

Leigh;
look very closely there is a very tiny Allen screw that keeps the plunger from unscrewing on most Brembo radial M/Cs

make sure that when you screw the plunger back into the pin, that there is free play between the plunger and the M/C piston

better too much than too little

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Leigh;
look very closely there is a very tiny Allen screw that keeps the plunger from unscrewing on most Brembo radial M/Cs
make sure that when you screw the plunger back into the pin, that there is free play between the plunger and the M/C piston
better too much than too little

Yeah, I got that one -- thanks for the guidance -- I was also trying to get the barrel out as well, or piston I guess it's called? well you can force those buggers out if you try hard enough. and my big gorilla self did just that!

Aside, 4 hours at the shop trying to fix the clutch actuator seal and first service on the new RR. came home 2 hours later there was a puddle under the kickstand AGAIN. I guess it wasn't the seal. The seal only took like 4 weeks to get, I wonder how long the actuator will take? Got a track day sunday, guess that's why I have 2 F4's

L

----
Those wishing to tame lions should attend carefully the difference between domestication and sophisticated food gathering techniques.

Last edited by lmcmulle; 05-17-2013 at 07:48 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Next question: any idea what fluid on these bikes is Redish. I mean very distinctly redish? down near the tranny / shifter.

----
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:29 PM

New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcmulle View Post
Next question: any idea what fluid on these bikes is Redish. I mean very distinctly redish? down near the tranny / shifter.
Only red fluid I've ever seen out there is either engine oil (Redline) or air-filter oil Leigh.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 04:02 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
...and, if that's the case, you are probably seeing air box drainage rather than system leakage. Do you have an oiled air filter that was recently cleaned and oiled...a bit too much?

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
...and, if that's the case, you are probably seeing air box drainage rather than system leakage. Do you have an oiled air filter that was recently cleaned and oiled...a bit too much?
Well we had a leak but they supposed the changed the broken seal - of course now it looks like its leaking from elsewhere- that said they did just do the fist service on it - I don't suppose they would have messed with the air filter then - it would still be very new-

I asked the tech - they did put redline in it - so that is probably the issue

----

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode