Short slider options - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
SAB

Short slider options

Is this the only company that offers the short style frame sliders? This is the type that I would like to run, but I wanted to look at all of the options similar to this style before making a decision. Thanks!

http://www.performanceparts.de/en/MV...rotectors.html

"If I'd never thrown my leg over a bike, I'd never have lived." - Hislop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 PM

New Site Garage
No, there's other Companies that offer sliders that will fit under the fairings.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51854

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 04-26-2013 at 12:36 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
SAB

Thanks Dons. I like the idea of saving the plastic a bit too. I'll be running vented sides so I'm not going to sweat drilling them

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:16 PM

New Site Garage
On a Senna, well I'll be..........

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
SAB

Hmmm is that Aussie sarcasm there? Haha.

Truth be told (here come the lightening bolts out of the sky)....I'm not crazy about the Senna graphic on the sides anyway. The aftermarket vented panels will retain the same livery colors and design...just minus the "Senna" part. Plus they just seem to make sense.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 PM

New Site Garage
No Mate, I'm just trying to figure out why you bought a Senna and then strip almost everything that makes it a Senna off the bike.
It's your bike man, do as you please, I know the feeling.
I would have thought to buy a 1000R or a 312R would have been cheaper if you were going to strip it in any case.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB View Post
Hmmm is that Aussie sarcasm there? Haha.

Truth be told (here come the lightening bolts out of the sky)....I'm not crazy about the Senna graphic on the sides anyway. The aftermarket vented panels will retain the same livery colors and design...just minus the "Senna" part. Plus they just seem to make sense.
Very cool. Talk about having your cake and eating it too. Having a great special edition bike without the extra attention and being able to convert it back whenever you might fancy it. Will also protect those panels from damage as well.

Have you considered picking up a second set of gauges so you have more options? Save the old face.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
SAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
No Mate, I'm just trying to figure out why you bought a Senna and then strip almost everything that makes it a Senna off the bike.
It's your bike man, do as you please, I know the feeling.
I would have thought to buy a 1000R or a 312R would have been cheaper if you were going to strip it in any case.

I can appreciate that perspective and I have the utmost respect for those who purchase the bikes as collector pieces. If we're being honest, I was offered the bike at a price for far under what local 1000s and 312 versions were selling for. So it was a too-good-to-pass-up scenario of sorts.

My intention all along was to get a bike that I could ride....a lot. I have no desire to keep her on stands as a show piece. I want to ride her and make memories on her.

I'd like to think I'm making tasteful changes to her and just really making her my own. The main Senna colors will stay but the graphics will not. I have the Arrow comp system on the R1 and will be fitting the same to the MV. After that, a tune, some general upkeep, and some PP foot rests and it will be a wrap.

Last edited by SAB; 04-26-2013 at 10:45 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
SAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
Very cool. Talk about having your cake and eating it too. Having a great special edition bike without the extra attention and being able to convert it back whenever you might fancy it. Will also protect those panels from damage as well.

Have you considered picking up a second set of gauges so you have more options? Save the old face.
Precisely.

The tach needle had the "jumping" issue and I wanted to get that resolved. I will still have the old face plate.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB View Post
Precisely.

The tach needle had the "jumping" issue and I wanted to get that resolved. I will still have the old face plate.
That would drive me crazy too.... As long as you keep the original there's nothing wrong with making the bike your own..... In the future if you ever decide to let someone else enjoy her keeping the original parts and returning it back to stock will get you better resale value and make a happy buyer who hopefully will do the same thing....

As much as I love the Senna's the side panel graphics are a bit loud for my taste.... There's also a side benefit of making it slightly less attention grabbing for thieves as well....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode