ABS available at the new F4 range - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

ABS available at the new F4 range

Looks like You can get the 2013 F4 range with ABS if You are going to order now.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 09_04_2013 F4 ABS_eng.pdf (155.4 KB, 95 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Knew it was coming.....EC will mandate ABS on all bikes soon.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 PM

Who manufactures the electronics for MV, is it bosch or are they done in house?

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I am sure it will be sourced from a supplier. Bosch most likely.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:16 PM
MRT

From the link in Haupti's post:

The heart of the ABS system installed upon the MV Agusta F4 supersport model is the compact and
lightweight Bosch 9MPlus control unit. The unit contains pressure sensors that interface with the two
phonic wheels, one per wheel. The main objective is naturally to reduce the braking distance upon
wet, damp or otherwise low-traction surfaces. In addition to preventing the dangerous locking of the
wheels, thanks to the control unit's sophisticated algorithms, the MV Agusta ABS system also prevents
the relative deceleration from causing the rear wheel to lose contact with the asphalt, thus impeding
the motorcycle from tipping forward. This situation - which is not uncommon on sports motorcycles
equipped with extremely powerful braking systems - is prevented by the Bosch 9MPlus control unit,
which implements the appropriate countermeasures whenever the rear wheel loses contact with the
asphalt.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Great news,I could have used ABS a few times on my bike instead of doing a Motorcross stunt down the road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
Who manufactures the electronics for MV, is it Bosch or are they done in house?
MV???? they have trouble with radiators

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post

The heart of the ABS system installed upon the MV Agusta F4 supersport model is the compact and
lightweight Bosch 9MPlus control unit. The unit contains pressure sensors that interface with the two
phonic wheels, one per wheel. The main objective is naturally to reduce the braking distance upon
wet, damp or otherwise low-traction surfaces. In addition to preventing the dangerous locking of the
wheels, thanks to the control unit's sophisticated algorithms, the MV Agusta ABS system also prevents
the relative deceleration from causing the rear wheel to lose contact with the asphalt, thus impeding
the motorcycle from tipping forward. This situation - which is not uncommon on sports motorcycles
equipped with extremely powerful braking systems - is prevented by the Bosch 9MPlus control unit,
which implements the appropriate countermeasures whenever the rear wheel loses contact with the
asphalt.
note: to electronics idiots....
>cars front brakes do about 70% of the braking
>bikes have way greater polar moment putting way more weight on the front tire
>bikes very commonly lift the rear wheel while stopping

>the concept of decreasing the pressure to a front brake doing 100% of the braking to add rear braking is asinine.....

street riding on black ice...... maybe ABS is is a good idea

me, i don't ride when its icy

the ABS on my BMW GS sucks hind tit

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down more electronic BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
Who manufactures the electronics for MV, is it Bosch or are they done in house?
in house, are you kidding????? MV, they have trouble with radiators that they buy from Toyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post

asphalt.
>race car front brakes do about 70% of the braking

>the concept of decreasing the pressure to a front brake doing 100% of the braking to add rear braking is asinine.....

like i want more Toyota/Lexus fly by wire crap

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 04-10-2013 at 01:41 AM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Great news,I could have used ABS a few times on my bike instead of doing a Motorcross stunt down the road.
The new Bosch unit is a lot of 2013 bikes from Europe - Aprilias, Ducatis and then some more. It did get very good reviews in all the tests of bike that were equiped with this unit. In race mode - I read - it basically only kicks in when you have an off-track excursion :-)

In general I have to say I don't quite get MV's product policy. They announce major changes to their bikes, before they even are available on the US market. I think the 2013 F4 just started to show up at the dealers. I haven't seen any '13 Brutales and they announce the availability of ABS ...

oetzi-baer
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
in house, are you kidding????? MV, they have trouble with radiators that they buy from Toyo

>race car front brakes do about 70% of the braking

like i want more Toyota/Lexus fly by wire crap
There you go again. My mamma always said if you can't say something nice, then say something bad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode