I pulled the trigger on a 2007 F4 R1000 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

I pulled the trigger on a 2007 F4 R1000

I purchased a 2007 F4 R1000 1+1. This thing is a beast.

In the first picture you can kind of see that the red on the upper and side fairings are different. Not sure what the story with that is.

The bike has a couple of mods that I know of. It has an Arrow exhaust, and it has a "Dynojet Power Commander". Can somebody tell me what the Power Commander is for? It looks like it would let you adjust air/fuel ratio (see picture).

As you can see in the second picture, the previous owner wrapped the headers, but only #1 and #4. I guess I will have to somehow do the same for #2 and #3.

Finally, I noticed that the cooling fans are OEM plastic and they are in the early stage of melting. I have been reading this forum and I think I will install the OEM impeller kit and also the Muzzy fans.

By the way, I'm in Texas, so I will pay extra attention to possible overheating issues. I don't plan to commute, but over here it's so crowded that you never know when you will get stuck in traffic. If there are other "must do" mods other than the impeller and the aluminum fans, please let me know.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this bike so far. It is everything I was hoping for.

Regards,

Franco
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Banned

Gorgeous machine Franco. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Talking

Nice

Here's a quick tip. The rubber nuts that go into the air box, closest to the rider, that holds the little plastic wings on the side, could be deteriorated. If the nuts fall into the box, they could make their way down into the top of the engine I think you need to do a search on "Rivnuts"
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_b View Post
Nice

Here's a quick tip. The rubber nuts that go into the air box, closest to the rider, that holds the little plastic wings on the side, could be deteriorated. If the nuts fall into the box, they could make their way down into the top of the engine I think you need to do a search on "Rivnuts"
+1
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM

New Site Garage
Smile Welcome to the forum mate

Good bike, hope you have lot's of good times on it.

By the looks of things the previous owner had dropped it, so resprayed the fairing side's at a guess. That's just judging by the scrape marks on the frame, next to the engine.
The Arrow pipes are standard, he also cut out the Catalytic converter for you and welded a piece of pipe in it's place.

Rob's dead right about keeping a eye on those rubber Well-nuts. Download the manuals if you want them from my website and you will find maintenance is quite easy on the MV's.

Power Commander might help a bit for fueling on the 1000R's if the tuner was on the ball.

Make sure your chain is not too tight and don't overfill the coolant (min level only).

Have fun mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM

New Site Garage
Enjoy. Read lots of different threads here on the heat issues so you will be able to solve them if you have any. Not sure why the nose is a different red than the sides. The mirrors will be the same red, so do your mirrors match the nose or the sides? Other than that, take her out and enjoy.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 PM

Sweet ride, congrats.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned

Did any of the F4's come with red colored grilles in the nose vents?
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM

New Site Garage
No. It would look better in the oem silver
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
No. It would look better in the oem silver
I was wondering about that.

Agree with you on the silver vents. They sort of get lost without the contrast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode