Supermodel with Flatulence - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Supermodel with Flatulence

Ran across an old article with an excellent analogy:

The F4 has never been a perfect bike. Itís always been a bit porky. It runs hot. Comfort is a fantasy. It tries to smash your thumbs at full lock. And the self-retracting side stand of early versions has kept the parts counter hopping. But none of those things really take away from the F4. Owning one is like dating a supermodel with flatulence issues; youíre still the envy of Average Joes everywhere who donít know better....

http://www.kilometermagazine.com/art...Agusta_F4.html

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM

Sounds like a pretty good analogy!

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 11:48 PM

Great read and capture of history. Love MV.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 AM

Good read, I never noticed the F4 logo to be the same font as the F40, and the star wheels being similar to F50. F40 is my fav car also so I should have noticed that at least! Thanks for the link.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Banned

I dunno. Many of the "rough edges" are not that bad and add to the charm of the machine. It has a personality of it's own. Very similar to the car company that assisted with the engine. F-cars are not well known for being great daily drivers.

It could be worse though. One of the "rough edges" that Ferrari could have helped MV with is the $7-15K cam belt service.

If you have a sense of humor a supermodel farting can be a LOT of fun!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
I dunno. Many of the "rough edges" are not that bad and add to the charm of the machine. It has a personality of it's own. Very similar to the car company that assisted with the engine. F-cars are not well known for being great daily drivers.

It could be worse though. One of the "rough edges" that Ferrari could have helped MV with is the $7-15K cam belt service.

If you have a sense of humor a supermodel farting can be a LOT of fun!
Not picking on you mate .....everyone seems to think Ferrari was the only company to help with the engine of the F4.......Why????? do you know something I don't? .....and yes Ferraris are expensive to service, often because owners replace instead of adjusting, it's not so easy to get to certain areas so you may as well replace when everything is apart......if you cannot afford the service, don't buy the car (guess what a set of tyres for an LM002 Lambo costs)

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
Not picking on you mate .....everyone seems to think Ferrari was the only company to help with the engine of the F4.......Why????? do you know something I don't? .....and yes Ferraris are expensive to service, often because owners replace instead of adjusting, it's not so easy to get to certain areas so you may as well replace when everything is apart......if you cannot afford the service, don't buy the car (guess what a set of tyres for an LM002 Lambo costs)
I have read in a couple of places that the initial engine designs were based on the 1990 season Ferrari F1 engine. That got pretty heavily modified by MV along the way but the Radial valves are what survived from the original F1 engine. I have seen posts here disputing that but in reality we will never know for sure either way.

That depends a lot on the specific model. Starting with the F360 they got smart and put a door behind the drivers seat so your mechanic could get at those cam belts easier. On the older machines you had to drop the engine subframe which is where the logic of "replace everything" while you have access to the engine came from even though you had pretty decent access to the engine from under the rear wheel wells. A lot of owners were their own worst enemy when it came to service costs throwing away perfectly good parts only wanting "the best of the best" for their cars.

I'm well aware of the "if you can't afford the service" game myself. I easily have 20K into the bullet proofing of my older Range Rover 4.6HSE Autobiography well more than the used value of the vehicle. My mechanic recognizes me by voice and gets happy when I call as I'm the only customer he has that completely follow's his advice.

The appeal of F cars has faded for me over the years. I used to really adore them but the attention seekers have spoiled the magic. It's sad to see them driven mostly as a status symbol by people who are such bad drivers. :/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode