MV Riders in Malaysia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
MV Riders in Malaysia

Hi Folks

I might be moving to Malaysia for an expat assignment. Just wondering if there is any MV riders in Malaysia?

Regards
Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Lot's. They have a team racing in the Malaysian Super Series at Sepang. They have a MV store in KL. Check the registry here. There are 7 listed but I know there are many more. I have met quite a few of them at Sepang during MotoGP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Motovation is now on Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Will definitely look them up.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Established Member

Hi Dahulk, welcome to Malaysia aka Bolehland...u will soon learn why the nickname..Btw, u won't be lonely.. There's a good number of MV bikes here and the super biking scene is lively and colorful... And u can ride all year round except when it pours.. And we hv beautiful country roads and the Sepang track of course.. PM me anytime..

'09 F4 1078 (monoposto) + '12 Brutale 920
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikF4 View Post
Hi Dahulk, welcome to Malaysia aka Bolehland...u will soon learn why the nickname..Btw, u won't be lonely.. There's a good number of MV bikes here and the super biking scene is lively and colorful... And u can ride all year round except when it pours.. And we hv beautiful country roads and the Sepang track of course.. PM me anytime..
Thanks I was researching online and would love for the expat assignment to be in Malaysia. I am still researching if I can take my bike to Malysia temporarily since I am on an expat assignment or I will have to purchase one in Malaysia any ideas?

Richard
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Established Member

Hi Richard, you may want to check with your HR re Malaysia's immigration/customs rules. Our import and excise duties are among the highest but expats could be exempted as the country is on a drive to attract talent and reverse the brain drain. You would also need to pay for Approved Permit to bring your bike into the country and this can cost around north of USD10k. Buying bikes here could easily put you off. For example a brand new 2010 F4 costs USD50k all in.. A brand new Panigale S is USD60k...Financing is easy but the rate is approx 5-6%. There is a good size of expat community here and their association could also help..check out expat.com.my or expatmalaysia.com.my.. Hope this helps..

'09 F4 1078 (monoposto) + '12 Brutale 920
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikF4 View Post
Hi Richard, you may want to check with your HR re Malaysia's immigration/customs rules. Our import and excise duties are among the highest but expats could be exempted as the country is on a drive to attract talent and reverse the brain drain. You would also need to pay for Approved Permit to bring your bike into the country and this can cost around north of USD10k. Buying bikes here could easily put you off. For example a brand new 2010 F4 costs USD50k all in.. A brand new Panigale S is USD60k...Financing is easy but the rate is approx 5-6%. There is a good size of expat community here and their association could also help..check out expat.com.my or expatmalaysia.com.my.. Hope this helps..
Thanks for the info I have a 2011 F4 with only 2.2 km which will sit in garage unless I can sell it or bring it with me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode