Oro for sale, NOT MINE. just dialouge jere.. - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Snake_EYES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SW FL
Posts: 827
Oro for sale, NOT MINE. just dialouge jere..

I found this today, sold by RED Label moto in Seattle, WA I am sure.

this bike looks incredible, but I think its overpriced? anyway wanted to share.


http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/2553619834.html

May you live as long as you want, but not want as long as you live
Snake_EYES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Senior Member
 
The_castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,343
Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Well, that gold plaque is gaining value everyday, what with investors the world over investing in bonds and rare metals. .
I would agree that $45,000 is quite a bit for an Oro.
The_castle is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Big Randaddy
 
Randarosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 17,189
Based on what I know about recent F4 CC sales, I'd guess that this bike is $15-$20k too high.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Randarosa is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
drmasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich
Posts: 1,491
Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
I must be missing something here cause I've been under the impression that the membership of this forum is intelligent if not sophisticated. However, I'm starting to question this notion. Does anyone have the slightest clue as to the countless hours it took to, not only bring this bike to the design table, but also to manufacture it? The price for this, the most significant of modern MV Agusta motorcycles, is spot on!

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
drmasis is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 AM
Senior Member
 
theknurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Palos Verdes Est, SoCal, USA
Posts: 13,806
Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmasis View Post
I must be missing something here cause I've been under the impression that the membership of this forum is intelligent if not sophisticated. However, I'm starting to question this notion. Does anyone have the slightest clue as to the countless hours it took to, not only bring this bike to the design table, but also to manufacture it? The price for this, the most significant of modern MV Agusta motorcycles, is spot on!
WTF.....
>same motor.....what? maybe its got different cams and a different map BFD
>same chassis
>same molds for casting the swingarm, wheels, side plates and lower triple.....OK the mag costs a little more than the aluminum
>same harness, ECU, lights and controls
>OK they made some splash molds off the stock injection molds to do the carbon BFD.......thats way cheaper than the stock injection molds
>so now we're down to the name tag.......

way over priced


Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
theknurl is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
haupti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Görlitz, Germany
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
WTF.....
>same motor.....what? maybe its got different cams and a different map BFD
>same chassis
>same molds for casting the swingarm, wheels, side plates and lower triple.....OK the mag costs a little more than the aluminum
>same harness, ECU, lights and controls
>OK they made some splash molds off the stock injection molds to do the carbon BFD.......thats way cheaper than the stock injection molds
>so now we're down to the name tag.......

way over priced

There are quite some differences You ignorant. The engine of the Oro has a sand casted casing. The Oro has all the mag parts ever available for the F4, later sold by CRC Special Parts. This bike has a complete carbon fairing. It costed new roughly 37.000 Euro. It was the first F4 made and there were only 200 made. To find one that never turned a wheel and is in such great shape is something special. If You think it isn't worth as much is might Your personal opinion but there are might some collectors out there who would give a kidney for it if not even both. And it is a beautiful bike.
haupti is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,054
New Site Garage
Red face +1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
There are quite some differences You ignorant. The engine of the Oro has a sand casted casing. The Oro has all the mag parts ever available for the F4, later sold by CRC Special Parts. This bike has a complete carbon fairing. It costed new roughly 37.000 Euro. It was the first F4 made and there were only 200 made. To find one that never turned a wheel and is in such great shape is something special. If You think it isn't worth as much is might Your personal opinion but there are might some collectors out there who would give a kidney for it if not even both. And it is a beautiful bike.
Thanks for that mate, I did not know half of this, that is why I love this site so much, I learn all the time. I might not pay that price if i had the money, but I do respect it a whole lot more sir.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 18
Hi Haupti,

you are wrong! The F4 Oro was built 300 times!
I wanted one in 1999 but it was sold out. But 4 months ago I just bought my F4 Oro which I always wanted.
Do I see you in St. Goar?

- ANDRÉ

MV F4 is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
haupti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Görlitz, Germany
Posts: 3,878
Sorry, how did I got it wrong ? Might by the 200 F3 Oro's occupying my head ? Anyhow, Yes I will be there. Looking forward seeing You Andre.
haupti is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Sal
Senior Member
 
Sal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Italy & glacial Suisse
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
There are quite some differences You ignorant. The engine of the Oro has a sand casted casing. The Oro has all the mag parts ever available for the F4, later sold by CRC Special Parts. This bike has a complete carbon fairing. It costed new roughly 37.000 Euro. It was the first F4 made and there were only 200 made. To find one that never turned a wheel and is in such great shape is something special. If You think it isn't worth as much is might Your personal opinion but there are might some collectors out there who would give a kidney for it if not even both. And it is a beautiful bike.

Exactly ! and don't forget the carbon airbox and gas tank .
Attached Images
 

'99 MV F4 Oro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 996R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 Hypermotard S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 996S R-mod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'74 Duc 450 Scrambler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sal is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome