indicator fault on my F4 2003 evo3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

indicator fault on my F4 2003 evo3

hello troops

first time post and new member of the mv club on the forum and on the road . I am loving it..............

if anyone could help me - My left indicator at the front stops working when I ride at higher speeds/ higher revs, the green light on the dash sticks on and the front does not flash . the rear one sticks on , slow down again and the indicators can return normal , while stationary the indicators work perfectly . The right hand side works perfectly at all times and I have swapped the bulbs around but it has made no difference. any ideas guys ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi and welcome. The fault is probably with the connections where the indicator wiring meets the fairing wiring on your front indicator (whichever one isn't working). The wiring runs through a bar inside the fairing and connects via contacts which could be damaged, but more often than not if you carefully take off the bar which is held on by an allen headed bolt I believe and re-mount it, 9 times out of ten your problem will be cured. There are little fitting protrusions (locators is perhaps a better word) which can easily get damaged if you're not careful. There are various old threads (some with photos) on here which explain the procedure better than I have just done. Lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 08-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Nice one John I will have a wee look at her tomorrow and see if I can get a fix on this

love your avatar puts mine to shame :-)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Smile

No worries mate, just be careful with those locating lug things, (you'll see what I mean when you take it apart) Just be sure they are correctly positioned before you re-tighten the Allen screws It's easy to break them off! How would I know that you may ask!!

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 02:08 PM

indicator fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartyboy View Post
hello troops

first time post and new member of the mv club on the forum and on the road . I am loving it..............

if anyone could help me - My left indicator at the front stops working when I ride at higher speeds/ higher revs, the green light on the dash sticks on and the front does not flash . the rear one sticks on , slow down again and the indicators can return normal , while stationary the indicators work perfectly . The right hand side works perfectly at all times and I have swapped the bulbs around but it has made no difference. any ideas guys ?

Hi and welcome.

Do a search on F4 indicator fault as I put a post in recently on this very subject.

Before you take anything apart...relax the bolt holding the fairing stay to the base plate. Then switch on the " failed" indicator. Then begin to tighten the bolt and see if it begins to flash. I found that if that bolt was too loose it was inop. and if it was too tight it was inop. There is a sweet spot.

joe
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 04:42 PM

It's flashing a message to you in code. Translates to: 'Make more posts on dot net.'

Welcome. Where are you?

/If you remove the nose fairing there's electrical contacts to the indicators - not a cable that you unplug as such. Maybe it's the wind/vibration here? Clean them up, retighten as above.

//Evo 3 Rocks.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
It's flashing a message to you in code. Translates to: 'Make more posts on dot net.'

Welcome. Where are you?

/If you remove the nose fairing there's electrical contacts to the indicators - not a cable that you unplug as such. Maybe it's the wind/vibration here? Clean them up, retighten as above.

//Evo 3 Rocks.
There is a two pin cable connector each side in addition to the quick contactor plate. I found these to have zero continuity until cleaned when setting my bike up.
joe
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

I am just outside Glasgow

Still not got it sorted out , decided just to ride it instead

Thinking I am going to have a crack at it today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode