Anyone know how much this F4 is worth - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Anyone know how much this F4 is worth

This is a sick piece of kit........ love the front brake set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMWvrGYRT38
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:51 AM

Not much painted like that.....but I also love the front breaks.

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV05 EXY View Post
This is a sick piece of kit........ love the front brake set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMWvrGYRT38
I like it but there is more money in it than it is worth. Have no idea what it is worth however-$20000 maybe
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

i dont mind the colour actually, i'd lose the big logo on the side but otherwise, dont think its too offensive

Im thinking its more in the region of $40,000
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 AM

Cool

Looks a bit like someone won it at a fair, throwing cloth balls at empty beer bottles.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
AEI

Only the exhaust system will be around 6000 EUR!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:06 AM

Ah, nothing like someone cranking a cold engine and immediately revving it....best thing you can do for a motor. Even better they proceed to do the very thing that fouls out plugs most quickly by cracking then releasing the throttle. Not a cake walk to change plugs on these bikes so lets just dump loads of fuel into the cylinders and then shut off the motor.

And surely that 40k remark is a spoof. I've got all out professional superbikes with all the bits and can't find a buyer at 40k. Hell, the electronics package on it alone cost 20k. Granted the bike looks fairly nice(minus the poor baby cow that died for that seat....horrible looking color btw) but not 40k nice.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:23 AM

New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
Ah, nothing like someone cranking a cold engine and immediately revving it....best thing you can do for a motor. Even better they proceed to do the very thing that fouls out plugs most quickly by cracking then releasing the throttle. Not a cake walk to change plugs on these bikes so lets just dump loads of fuel into the cylinders and then shut off the motor.

And surely that 40k remark is a spoof. I've got all out professional superbikes with all the bits and can't find a buyer at 40k. Hell, the electronics package on it alone cost 20k. Granted the bike looks fairly nice(minus the poor baby cow that died for that seat....horrible looking color btw) but not 40k nice.
With all respect mate, how do you know the motor was cold ?
While on that subject, how do You warm a motor up, stand and idle, or rev it for long periods in neutral with no load on? I am really curious about this in all honesty, fouling plugs in this day and age, on a race bike with decent fuel and plugs in?

Ok BTW, that bike, as the question was, worth at least $50 000, as far as money spent - but you would not sell it for over $25000
I think.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
No spoof - its Moto Corse at the end of the day. Its not going to be cheap is it. All the gear on there is top of the line, and if Moto Corse can charge $55,000 for
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/motocorse/10000917/
which is a an 'old' F4, im pretty sure they could stick a price tag of 40k+ on a newer version............
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:41 AM

[quote=Donsy;467310]With all respect mate, how do you know the motor was cold ?
While on that subject, how do You warm a motor up, stand and idle, or rev it for long periods in neutral with no load on? I am really curious about this in all honesty, fouling plugs in this day and age, on a race bike with decent fuel and plugs in?

Ok BTW, that bike, as the question was, worth at least $50 000, as far as money spent - but you would not sell it for over $25000
I think.[/quote

I believe that's what I said. You never get back what you put into a bike or vehicle when it's customized. Spend a bunch on extra parts and sell it for maybe half of what they cost. I do like that exhaust. What brand is it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode