Nice pics!
Thanks!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHyper View Post
Nice pics!
Thanks!
Agree and thanks for posting.............

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 05:51 PM
MRT

Great pictures, Thanks for posting.

Any one know what the "infamous jet" they referred to as stiil standing outside means?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
Great pictures, Thanks for posting.

Any one know what the "infamous jet" they referred to as stiil standing outside means?
Yes, I think it is an Aermacchi jet that they used to produce at the factory back in the 50's before they made motorcycles.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasduc View Post
Yes, I think it is an Aermacchi jet that they used to produce at the factory back in the 50's before they made motorcycles.
Now you mention it, I think I've seen pictures on here of a plane from other peoples factory tours. Thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Thank you so much for those wonderful pics. Incidentally, I stayed 5 days at Porro Pirrelli right next door to Villa Castiglioni when I was there last November. Both are magnificent places, siutuated in Induno Olona, about a 20-25 minute drive from the factory.

I am still extremely sad by the passing of Claudio, his passion & vision has allowed me to realise my dream (well still not quite there yet) of owing 1,2,3 & 4 cylinder MVs from both MV 'eras'.

Yesterday, I worked all day on my 350 remounting my fabricated fairing bracket, a labour of love really - I decided to park the F4 next to it while I worked - it was my way of paying homage and giving thanks to the great man.

You know, I don't think I have ever been affected in this way by the passing of someone whom I did not know personally. I think it certainly shows the profound affect his creations have had - well certainly on me.

Thanks again for those marvellous pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
Now you mention it, I think I've seen pictures on here of a plane from other peoples factory tours. Thanks!
I was lucky enough to be at the factory last November and was treated like royality by Giovanni Castiglioni. I did not get to meet Claudio but did see him a conference room in a meeting with half a dozen people including Massimo Bordi (I believe this was before he was 'officially' announced in a senior management position) - anyhow, he looked over as we went past & gave a smile & a little wave, which I thought was very cool.

I have no idea why the jet would be 'infamous' although it is indeed famous an an iconic part of the Schiranna factory - it is not technically in Varese as people believe. I don't believe that Aermacchi jets were ever built on that site (but I could be wrong). Mr Castiglioni (1978) bought the site from Harley Davidson who where buiding world championship winning 250 & 350 HD Aermacchi motorcycles at the time.

This is the Aermacchi jet that you are thinking about. It's right on the edge of Lake Varese which the factory boarders on - in fact if you lived the otherside of the lake you could go to work by boat & it would be 100 metre walk, if that, onto the factory floor

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 08-18-2011 at 08:26 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:39 AM

The picture of the F4 looking like it's resting on the toolbox in the workshop was the first glimpse i had of the bike when it was published in 'fast Bike' in I think 1998...........it was responsible for a two year wait for my F4, there was another picture with Shakey Byrne (then a road tester) with CC and the bike as well.

Very Sad about CC, I didn't agree with some of his ethics, but that I guees was just the canny business man in him, anyone who can sell the same company for millions and get it back twice for 1 euro must be a bit canny and very clever and passionate to say the least.

I do appreciate what he did for both Ducati and MV, and it's an end of an era, very sad, people should grow old before meeting their maker

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Established Member

Very good m8. Thanks for sharing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode