VIN help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

VIN help

I'm trying to find information on the VIN on my F4. I have found documents breaking down MV VINs but mine doesn't seem to match up. It starts with ZCGF511BB6. Can anyone provide some insight. I'm moving back to the states and need as much info as I can get so I can bring it back with me.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks Castle. My problem is I have found letters, of various years, from MV to NHTSA in D.C. with a break down of their VINs and mine doesn't match. So I would like to figure out where this VIN is intended to be, if that makes since.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 PM

I am not sure what you are trying to find out. What bike do you have? What is your complete VIN? Where are you located? At first glance your VIN does not appear to be a U.S. VIN.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

zcgf511bb6v003742

If this is not a US VIN will I be able to bring it back to the US and get it registered....that's my problem right now. Right now I'm in Okinawa Japan.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:28 PM

I am assuming that it is a 2006 F4 1000S, correct? Did you buy it in Japan?
Depends on which state you are going to bring it to and register in. In some states you may be able to sneak it thru. I can only speak for California and there is no way in hell you will be able to get it registered in Calif.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Write MV Agusta HQ and ask for a certificate of compliance or a letter stating it is compliant to USA DOT . NHTSA and EPA regulations.

Or buy a battery tray from a US bike with the USA compliance sticker on it.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I'm more worried about the VIN that's the dead give away. All the physical crap can be moded to match compliance so that's not a problem. I did buy it over here but not from a dealer. I'm waiting to hear back from MV Agusta.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The sticker on the battery tray would that be found on the bottom side of the tray? Will some one in the U.S. please take a picture of the tag with the VIN number. I have one where the NHTSA requires but it has some information I would like to compare.

Last edited by okigusta; 08-12-2011 at 09:02 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 08:58 PM

Contact the DMV of the state you are bringing the bike back to. For instance, for the most part, if a vehicle has a 17 digit vin the state of FL is good with that. If in the service i believe they have an office, or at least some folks in the know, that can assist with bringing stuff back to the U.S. upon returning from tour.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode