Luck - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Luck

Well I guess there will be more delays on riding my bike. As soon as we went home from a nice fun Sunday we discovered that our house has been robbed. They took my wife's 27" iMac and my daughters MacBook and jewelry. But the most important thing is they nuckin' took my backpack which included both keys to the Agusta.

I need to know what to do. Should I try to get spare keys or do I just get a new ignition and trunk lock?

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billas f4 View Post
Well I guess there will be more delays on riding my bike. As soon as we went home from a nice fun Sunday we discovered that our house has been robbed. They took my wife's 27" iMac and my daughters MacBook and jewelry. But the most important thing is they nuckin' took my backpack which included both keys to the Agusta.

I need to know what to do. Should I try to get spare keys or do I just get a new ignition and trunk lock?

Get a new ignition. Now they might know your licence plate and can come and get it where ever it is parked.

And if it is nicked with the keys, your insurance company will not pay.

Sad to hear that. But at least they didn't take your precious.

Cheers,
m
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martosh79 View Post
Get a new ignition. Now they might know your licence plate and can come and get it where ever it is parked.

And if it is nicked with the keys, your insurance company will not pay.

Sad to hear that. But at least they didn't take your precious.

Cheers,
m
Thanks. Does the ignition have some kind of immobilizer or is it just a regular key that I can just swap the ignition and trunk cylinder? I haven't even registered her yet. I should be getting it in a couple of days.

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:36 PM

No immobilizer....just swap ignition and plug in. If you pull the ignition out of the bike and bring it by a locksmith see if they can re-key it for you. Probably not, but in the off chance they can its going to be much less than buying another ignition.
And yes, they can remake you a key for your gas cap from either the ignition or the gas cap itself. Have had to bring my tanks down to a local locksmith a couple times which they didn't mind picking for free as long as they made a key for me.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
No immobilizer....just swap ignition and plug in. If you pull the ignition out of the bike and bring it by a locksmith see if they can re-key it for you. Probably not, but in the off chance they can its going to be much less than buying another ignition.
And yes, they can remake you a key for your gas cap from either the ignition or the gas cap itself. Have had to bring my tanks down to a local locksmith a couple times which they didn't mind picking for free as long as they made a key for me.
Thanks I will try that. Any recommendations as to where I can get a key with the MV Logo?

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM
lee

We were robbed once. It wasn't the loss of stuff as much as the invasion of our sanctum that was so upsetting. The violation of our home.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
We were robbed once. It wasn't the loss of stuff as much as the invasion of our sanctum that was so upsetting. The violation of our home.
You are right. Just the feeling that somebody unwanted was inside my home. Overall at least the family is all ok.

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Ignition, gascap, rear lock, and genuine MV Agusta key, $110.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

You live in Guam? - 170k or so people and 210square mile island?

What excatly are they going to do with a stolen MV (apart from go to jail)? I would imagine over there it would stick out like the proverbial dog's testicles!

But for $110 , that's cheap peace of mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 AM

$110 is very cheap, buy it from CAG and save a lot of headach trying to get a key made. And get a decent alarm system for your home.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode