MV Agusta Forum banner

Luck

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  billas f4 
#1 ·
Well I guess there will be more delays on riding my bike. As soon as we went home from a nice fun Sunday we discovered that our house has been robbed. They took my wife's 27" iMac and my daughters MacBook and jewelry. But the most important thing is they nuckin' took my backpack which included both keys to the Agusta.

I need to know what to do. Should I try to get spare keys or do I just get a new ignition and trunk lock?:bawling::bawling::bawling:

#2 ·
Well I guess there will be more delays on riding my bike. As soon as we went home from a nice fun Sunday we discovered that our house has been robbed. They took my wife's 27" iMac and my daughters MacBook and jewelry. But the most important thing is they nuckin' took my backpack which included both keys to the Agusta.

I need to know what to do. Should I try to get spare keys or do I just get a new ignition and trunk lock?:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Get a new ignition. Now they might know your licence plate and can come and get it where ever it is parked.

And if it is nicked with the keys, your insurance company will not pay.

Sad to hear that. But at least they didn't take your precious.

Cheers,
m

#3 ·
Thanks. Does the ignition have some kind of immobilizer or is it just a regular key that I can just swap the ignition and trunk cylinder? I haven't even registered her yet. I should be getting it in a couple of days.

#4 ·
No immobilizer....just swap ignition and plug in. If you pull the ignition out of the bike and bring it by a locksmith see if they can re-key it for you. Probably not, but in the off chance they can its going to be much less than buying another ignition.
And yes, they can remake you a key for your gas cap from either the ignition or the gas cap itself. Have had to bring my tanks down to a local locksmith a couple times which they didn't mind picking for free as long as they made a key for me.

#9 ·
You live in Guam? - 170k or so people and 210square mile island?

What excatly are they going to do with a stolen MV (apart from go to jail)? I would imagine over there it would stick out like the proverbial dog's testicles!

But for $110 , that's cheap peace of mind.

#10 ·
$110 is very cheap, buy it from CAG and save a lot of headach trying to get a key made. And get a decent alarm system for your home.

#12 ·
There is a God

Well as fate would have it, my luck has changed for the better. As we came home last night coming from having to cancel bank accounts and went to Home Depot to buy new locks for the doors, we got a call from the Pohpoh's and asked that we come to the precinct.
As soon. We got there the officer called us in to a room and low and behold, the first thing I saw was both my MV keys!!!!! And the rest of my stuff minus some missing checks and a bit of cash. I was soo happy to see most of the things my backpack had. Basically the thieves just took what they wanted and tossed the rest on the curb. They recovered both keys to the MV, spare keys for my truck and car and some miscellaneous items.
Oh and I also called some alarm companies and I will get an alarm system by the end of this week.
Thanks for all your support. Now all I have to wait for is the tags for the bike and I should be ready to go!!!! Woot woot,:f4::drummer::)

#11 ·
I agree with Joe, I'd get the full set of what you need from Carl. Really sorry to here about the robbery. I've never actually had people in the house but I had a car stolen from right outside my house some years ago. It's not what they steal sometimes, it's that feeling of vulnerability as Lee mentioned.

#14 ·
keys back

god had nothing to do with it!......a good person walking down the street found your things and turned them in to the Police, they called you

i'm very happy for you :drummer:

:f4::brutale:

#16 ·
The people who did this are saddos...How anyone could enjoy spending money gained from making a fellow human being a victim is beyond me.
I imagine the police on Guam have a good idea of who did this and it won't be long before they are hauled up.
Very glad you got your keys back.
joe
uk

#17 ·
Thanks for all the support folks. The funny thing is when the police officer was checking all the items he grabbed the keys to the MV and asked me if they were moped keys. I wanted to bust out laughing but I was able to control it and just told him it is for my bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.