A new problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

A new problem

I picked up a 2010 f4. 30 miles in the dash dies. Now when I turn the key the radiator fan comes on and that's it. no crank no vroom vroom. Dealer is stumped. Any productive thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM

Shoot the dealer!

Sorry dealer ....not very productive!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Need more info.
At first glance, it would appear the battery is below minimum required voltage. This seems too simple for a dealer to miss it though...
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

I was driving along and the display went off. The alarm light was blinking. It continued to run for another 10 miles while I was heading back to the dealer. I got off the ramp shifted to second and when I let the clutch out the bike engine stopped and the fan kicked on. I turned it on and off a bunch of times but when I turn the key back to the on position the fan comes on and that's it. The LCD remains blank and the alarm light continues to blink. The start button doesn't do a thing and neither does any of the other buttons. Hopefully we can get some help here.

Thanks!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikites View Post
I was driving along and the display went off. The alarm light was blinking. It continued to run for another 10 miles while I was heading back to the dealer. I got off the ramp shifted to second and when I let the clutch out the bike engine stopped and the fan kicked on. I turned it on and off a bunch of times but when I turn the key back to the on position the fan comes on and that's it. The LCD remains blank and the alarm light continues to blink. The start button doesn't do a thing and neither does any of the other buttons. Hopefully we can get some help here.

Thanks!
It seems like electrical issue. One of socket might be malfunction. You need to have you dealer check thoroughly. It is still under warranty, right?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I've had it for 3 days. But while it's under warranty it doesn't do anything if the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. They tell me mv is really hard to get a hold of. I was just curious to see if someone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:44 PM

I'd make sure it's not the battery or a fuse.

ask Iamlance I know he blew a fuse on his, but I forgot what all his symptoms were.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikites View Post
Yeah I've had it for 3 days. But while it's under warranty it doesn't do anything if the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. They tell me mv is really hard to get a hold of. I was just curious to see if someone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.
Hi Cal. Does your dealer official MV Agusta ? They should know how to fix. Ask them to focus how come the dash dies. It just a matter replace broken part with new part. As long not engine problem, it should not complicated.

Can i put your matter in f4 problem thread? I just found out that compare with rsv, s1000rr, MV has a lot of problem with their brand new f4. It doesn t means to bad mouth new F4. I am one of th owner and like this model bike so much.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40932
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 02:45 AM

Check the earthing points.

ie battery earth and particularly the two little earth straps up by the ecu.

My F4 2007 was giving this symptom when I hooked up the earth leads the wrong side of the rubber ecu mounts.

hope u fix it

joe
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 05:57 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Just a guess with limited info,main engine fuse or faulty relay,Mitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode