Need some help! - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: minnesota
Posts: 54
Need some help!

Riding into work today I got stuck behind a semi going into a clover leaf. I was going way to slow in way to high of a gear and the bike shudderd a bit and started sounding like a ducati (not in a good way). Luckily I was only about a 100 yards from work. Pulled into work turned the bike off and then back on and still sounded like a twin. After not being able to think of anything else but the bike the hole time I was working I finally got to leave and fired the bike up to see if it was ok to ride home. She fired right up and sounded fine... but as I was leaving the parking lot she died. It fired right back up and pulled it back into the parking lot to leave it over night and pick up tomorrow... the ironic part I just bought a silverado and was wondering what was going to be the first thing I woud tow
Long story longer there was no light that came on both times the two issues happened.
Any ideas??

2016 BMW S1000RR Premium
2013 Ducati 848 EVO SE (sold)
2009 Ducati Monster 1100
1999 Ducati 748
2006 MV F4-1000 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2003 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2001 Yamaha R6 (sold)
Zippidy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
gazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 1,560
EBS relay??

When they get hot they malfunction and bikes sounds shocking!!!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
gazman is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 271
not sure if this will do you any good but try disconnecting the battery.
Leave it for 10 - 15 minutes and then hook it back up and see how you go.

this should put the computer back to its base settings as from the factory. Worth a shot ?
triple is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Kreativ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Davie, FL
Posts: 1,003
turned off while riding! HELP!

hmmm sounds very familiar to my situation but mine is slightly different. after getting the my bike painted i bring the fairing to my garage, i wire up additional running/brake lights for the rear and also wire the fans to just run all the time(when the ignition is on). so before i do the fan "mod" i noticed that the rear running/brakelight dims when ignition is turned on but a few seconds later it works fine. "ok......" so i finish putting everything back together put my gear on and i start riding home. its 930pm and im on the highway, headlight start flashing i see the battery light come on so immediately take the first exit to get to the nearest parking lot. it also starts to sound like a ducati(in the worst way) and before i get there the bike turns off. call the wife, she gives me a boost with her car, bike turns right on 45 seconds later bike turns off. i hook the jumper wires again this time for about 5 mins, hop on the bike and start riding till i get home which was about 10 mins from where i was. would it be that ebs relay, battery or altenator? check voltage on battery this morning it was 13.5 try to crank bike, it battery dies, measure the battery again, it measures 163V battery still cant start motor. to me is battery, any other suggestions. by the way battery is about 2 months old. how can i test the altenator, or this "ebs?" relay and where is it?. also i check all fuses, checks out good. i get the bike back with new paint job and now i feel
Kreativ is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,054
New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
not sure if this will do you any good but try disconnecting the battery.
Leave it for 10 - 15 minutes and then hook it back up and see how you go.

this should put the computer back to its base settings as from the factory. Worth a shot ?
Never heard of that one on a MV yet.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Senior Member
 
MV05 EXY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chelmsford
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreativ View Post
hmmm sounds very familiar to my situation but mine is slightly different. after getting the my bike painted i bring the fairing to my garage, i wire up additional running/brake lights for the rear and also wire the fans to just run all the time(when the ignition is on). so before i do the fan "mod" i noticed that the rear running/brakelight dims when ignition is turned on but a few seconds later it works fine. "ok......" so i finish putting everything back together put my gear on and i start riding home. its 930pm and im on the highway, headlight start flashing i see the battery light come on so immediately take the first exit to get to the nearest parking lot. it also starts to sound like a ducati(in the worst way) and before i get there the bike turns off. call the wife, she gives me a boost with her car, bike turns right on 45 seconds later bike turns off. i hook the jumper wires again this time for about 5 mins, hop on the bike and start riding till i get home which was about 10 mins from where i was. would it be that ebs relay, battery or altenator? check voltage on battery this morning it was 13.5 try to crank bike, it battery dies, measure the battery again, it measures 163V battery still cant start motor. to me is battery, any other suggestions. by the way battery is about 2 months old. how can i test the altenator, or this "ebs?" relay and where is it?. also i check all fuses, checks out good. i get the bike back with new paint job and now i feel
sounds like you put the battery back in the wrong way mate. easily done and does exactly what you describe.
MV05 EXY is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,929
Sounds to moi as though you may have been running on idle/rich and sooted up the pluggies. Take em out, dust em off and start all over again.

joe
gotojoe is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Kreativ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Davie, FL
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV05 EXY View Post
sounds like you put the battery back in the wrong way mate. easily done and does exactly what you describe.
hmmm.... never took the battery out, and when i installed i made sure it was the way described on the owners manual picture. and it was working fine for the 2 months its been on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Sounds to moi as though you may have been running on idle/rich and sooted up the pluggies. Take em out, dust em off and start all over again.

joe
would that be possible after riding for at least 2 miles? after that distance is when everything started to happen.
Kreativ is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,929
It's only a theory..and it is encouraging me to read a little on this engine management system.
As I understand it..he let the revs fall by being in too high a high gear...this would reduce the cylinder pull on air through the intakes..coupled with a large throttle opening as she was in high gear and the tps reads that and sends signal to ecu which sends signal to injectors to squirt more fuel and bingo ..sooted up plugs.

This is only a theory ..I ain't a expert..I'm just thinkin out loud and I'm sure we'll get some much better posts from more clued up members soon !

joe
gotojoe is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreativ View Post
hmmm.... never took the battery out, and when i installed i made sure it was the way described on the owners manual picture. and it was working fine for the 2 months its been on.



would that be possible after riding for at least 2 miles? after that distance is when everything started to happen.

Kreativ my last 2 posts were to Zippidy...atb joe
gotojoe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome