Is this New F4 cheap? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Is this New F4 cheap?

What do you guys think, seems to be cheap for whats wrong with it. I can get the plastics repaired and sprayed by my dad so that wont cost.... what do you reckon?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-MV-AG...item4cf8c2074f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:29 AM

Seems like a good deal for someone looking to fix her up. Still under warranty too.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Established Member

Looks like an easy fix to me. No matter how good the repair job is it will still always remain as a CAT D though so take this in to consideration for its value of course. Plus it's bidding so price will go up. If it can be bought at a decent price and there is no damage to the subframe etc then go for it.
I'm always a bit sceptical though as for an insurance valued to write it off doesn't it have to have damage exceeding 40% of it's Market value?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:34 AM

Most insurance companies write off bikes because of the chance of there being hidden problems and the rider getting hurt after repairs.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 AM

a lot of insurance companies will write off to prevent liability issues later on....does not mean that the bike is beyond repair. I have seen people fix bikes worse than this and you couldn't tell anything happen after they finished...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 AM

Used non Cat D bikes are selling at retail for £10 to £11k in dealers. Suggesting that they paid £1k less than the asking price. So if a non Category D accident total loss can be bought for between £9000 and £10000 then a crashed one is at its top end already at £6500 IMHO. I see it as £6k for me to bother with it but if it is for your own use it is a less expensive entry route onto a 2010 bike.

A

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 AM
In the car trade a Cat D repaired car is usually valued at around two thirds book value. I'd go along with the 6k valuation

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

ok thanks for the input guys, it finishes tommorrow, im going to keep and eye on this, like Proddieracer says, its a cheap 2010 bike that I would keep for myself, not in it to make money or sell on so the Q plate wouldnt bother me, perhaps i could get a plate that would read 'Qu1ck' ;-)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Q plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV05 EXY View Post
ok thanks for the input guys, it finishes tommorrow, im going to keep and eye on this, like Proddieracer says, its a cheap 2010 bike that I would keep for myself, not in it to make money or sell on so the Q plate wouldnt bother me, perhaps i could get a plate that would read 'Qu1ck' ;-)
The bike wouldnt go on a Q plate it would retain its own number plate but would go on the register as accident damaged ( cat d ) economical repair it doesnt go on the log book either as a cat d. If it was a cat C it would be stamped on the log book as a cat C ( uneconomical repair )
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
In the car trade a Cat D repaired car is usually valued at around two thirds book value. I'd go along with the 6k valuation
I would agree with that, you can also get the bike 'condition inspected' that means you can then get a pay out if it was to get stolen (stops people buying and insuring crash damage then 'claiming again')

Look hard as there is neraly always some hidden damage.

Bike will not be on a 'Q' they're for stolen recovereds with no identity,

As for the value after the repair just think how cheap it would need to be to attract you as a buyer (it's against the law not to declare it's a Cat D)

Undamaged bike £10500, would you pay £9500? (no) £8500 (no) £7500 (perhaps) £6500 (definately, thats the price of a 2001 750!!)

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode