2010 MV Agusta F4 Problems - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

2010 MV Agusta F4 Problems

Hey guys just giving you an update on the bike.. So far when i got the bike.. the Choke doesnt work, the Radiator Valve hose was burned in half from the exhaust, and my oil leak off the left side F4 cover.. So I took it into California Speed sports in Livermore and got it in for its first service.. Fixing all of my known issues and resealing the F4 Side cover. Too find the bike leaking again when I get home. So what is seems like one leak has now become two But the second leak is much more serious acually being on the engine case. Which the mechanic was hoping it wouldnt be knowing that he was going to have to take the entire bike apart to get to it. So Im going to have my brand new bike that i just bought two weeks ago down for almost 3 weeks.. Im not sure if im gonna want to turn this into a lemon Law case or what... Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 11:15 PM

reading this thread, really make me sad. My Radiator hose was burned also, (small problem for me). I thought it is mislocated as MV is hand made. I hope mine will not experience oil leak as no dealer in my country. Oil leak from expensive italian motorcyle, no one can accept that.
post #3 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Ya Im sure if it hasnt leaked by now it wont.. I probably just got one of those monday or friday bikes haha.. I love the bike its great I cant see getting anything eles.. Im just having these issues and it just sucks at the moment..
post #4 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvalliance View Post
Ya Im sure if it hasnt leaked by now it wont.. I probably just got one of those monday or friday bikes haha.. I love the bike its great I cant see getting anything eles.. Im just having these issues and it just sucks at the moment..
Thank you for your nice word, hopefully your dealer can overcome your problem in satisfying way. I also really like it a lot.
post #5 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:51 AM

Steve Wood had the LH F4 leak, we spoke to MV at the Milan show last year, the exact words from the head warranty man were:

'Some bikes have a problem with the crankcase machining (theres a small step in between them) ideally they should have new cases, but that might make more problems (obviously does'nt trust all dealers to rebuild the engine) the dealer should oil stone the cases flat'

Now, I for one would not trust my dealer and I would have done it my self, the cases don't need to be micrometer flat, they just need the step removing as no 'O' ring will seal againt a step.

As for the 'choke' it's not a 'choke' as such, it is purely a fast idle device, it simply opens the twist grip a little

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mikef4uk; 07-22-2011 at 03:57 AM.
post #6 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvalliance View Post
Hey guys just giving you an update on the bike.. So far when i got the bike.. the Choke doesnt work, the Radiator Valve hose was burned in half from the exhaust, and my oil leak off the left side F4 cover.. So I took it into California Speed sports in Livermore and got it in for its first service.. Fixing all of my known issues and resealing the F4 Side cover. Too find the bike leaking again when I get home. So what is seems like one leak has now become two But the second leak is much more serious acually being on the engine case. Which the mechanic was hoping it wouldnt be knowing that he was going to have to take the entire bike apart to get to it. So Im going to have my brand new bike that i just bought two weeks ago down for almost 3 weeks.. Im not sure if im gonna want to turn this into a lemon Law case or what... Any thoughts?
I have had my Y10 now for just over 1 year and have had most of the problems you have had, however I haven,t had the Radiator Valve hose burn in half next to the exhaust, Im not sure were you mean, is it possible to take a picture of the hose were it is likly to burn, so I can keep an eye out on mine?
post #7 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Established Member

While I've only had my 2010 F4 a few months and a little over 1,000 miles so far, I have had no problems whatsoever...

Franklin E. Parker, Esq.
post #8 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Ya stephen its not to bad on that burnt hose.. its just a hose that comes off the radiator fluid holder.. nothing to serious.. Im not sure if theres a clamp there or not or mine fell off who knows.. But they ordered me a new one either way.. But anyways I talk to the dealer today and a tow truck is picking up the bike tomorrow.. Id ride it up there but Id rather not crash with all oil going onto my tire. I have to wait till Tuesday to talk to the owner since he is at Laguna Seca. But ill keep you guys updated..
post #9 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
I have had my Y10 now for just over 1 year and have had most of the problems you have had, however I haven,t had the Radiator Valve hose burn in half next to the exhaust, Im not sure were you mean, is it possible to take a picture of the hose were it is likly to burn, so I can keep an eye out on mine?
Mine is radiator hose where located next to the reservoir cap. The long hose touch the exhaust. It burns the hose and alomost cut it. If i am not mistaken, the hose purpose is to spill water from reservoir compartment if you fill too much water. Should be no problem eventhough it is burned.
post #10 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

ya pretty much.. i wasnt to worried about it.. It would just put water or fluid on my fairing on the inside.. Id really have to overfill it for it to be an issue haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode