parts delay WTF - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Angry parts delay WTF

thats my bike been off the road now for almost three weeks and still no sign of the freakin updated hub kit. I visited my local dealer today to try and find out when the parts will arrive, give them their due they did phone motogb (UK importer) there and then, they had to leave another message for them to call back. Motogb did call back whilst I was chatting to the salesman Donald and their response was that the parts are on back order and would be at least another two weeks. I'm pretty disenchanted with the marque at this moment in time, please excuse my ignorance but is this what I should expect when owning a premium brand motorcycle?
This could be the beginning of the end of MV onwership
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 PM

This is typical of the brand. Sorry you didn't realize that before buying the bike.

I used to get all wound up about parts availability, but 11 years later I'm used to it (I bought the first F4 in 2000).

MV's are special bikes for special people. Kind of like Lambo's or Ferarri's. I wouldn't have one for my primary bike, but I wouldn't be without one either. I love the first generation models. I have bought 4 since the year 2000, including a CC.

If you love the bike, be patient, the part will come soon enough.

Side story -

I've recently come across the Italian Watch Company named "Anonimo". They're a luxury watch. I want to see one in the flesh before I buy one, so I started checking around. Come to find out there are only 10 dealers in the U.S.A.! And that Anonimo only manufactures 3500 watches a year! It was hell to find a dealer in Los Angeles, but I finally did. But, they didn't have the model I was after, so the "wait" starts again.

Typical Italian companies - They build bloody beautiful stuff, but it's hell to get your hands on.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Well Gary, maybe have a look here:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...&highlight=hub

and here:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...&highlight=hub

Mitchy will be only to happy to sell you a bullet proof hub.

Noel (The Knurl) should be able to help you with bearing supply for your OEM hub if I'm reading your post right & you're just looking for a set of bearings / seals.
Dave.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up hub?

Gary;
you want one of Mitch's hubs?

485 Quid in your hands yes! thats cheaper than the non existent up dated factory hub and axle

post to London is usually 3-4 days Northern England/Scotland and Ireland a little slower

PM me if you're interested

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Hub

Noel,

I thank you for your offer at this time my bike is still under warranty and I want the dealer to replace it. I don't know if I'm getting the run around or not they tell me its not the hub they are waiting for but two of the other parts they are replacing at the same time, I have asked the question as to which parts they are, unfortunately warranty have not responded to this question.If I were to get a hub from you what other parts do I need?

Thanks
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Gary;
you want one of Mitch's hubs?

485 Quid in your hands yes! thats cheaper than the non existent up dated factory hub and axle

post to London is usually 3-4 days Northern England/Scotland and Ireland a little slower

PM me if you're interested

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 04:17 AM
PM'd you mate.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

I kinda had an idea that parts might take longer that some of the Japanese stuff. I have owned three Aprilias previously and only ever had to wait 7 days max for parts to arrive which I thought was acceptable, you're right special bike for special people and again your assumption about the Lambo or Ferrari is spot on. My situation is that the 1078 is my Lambo and my other mode of transport is a car. My bike only ever gets used on my one and only day off a week and only then when its dry so the likely hood of it being used more than say 4 times a month between the months of April and October would be rare. My frustration is that I could potentially lose 25% of my biking season for a known fault.If this had happened at the end of the biking season I wouldn't be so fussed and quite happily leave the bike at the dealers. I miss not having her there just to look at when I can't get out. I know its sad but they are so addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resom View Post
This is typical of the brand. Sorry you didn't realize that before buying the bike.

I used to get all wound up about parts availability, but 11 years later I'm used to it (I bought the first F4 in 2000).

MV's are special bikes for special people. Kind of like Lambo's or Ferarri's. I wouldn't have one for my primary bike, but I wouldn't be without one either. I love the first generation models. I have bought 4 since the year 2000, including a CC.

If you love the bike, be patient, the part will come soon enough.

Side story -

I've recently come across the Italian Watch Company named "Anonimo". They're a luxury watch. I want to see one in the flesh before I buy one, so I started checking around. Come to find out there are only 10 dealers in the U.S.A.! And that Anonimo only manufactures 3500 watches a year! It was hell to find a dealer in Los Angeles, but I finally did. But, they didn't have the model I was after, so the "wait" starts again.

Typical Italian companies - They build bloody beautiful stuff, but it's hell to get your hands on.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up parts needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazjekyll View Post
Noel,
If I were to get a hub from you what other parts do I need?

Thanks
Gary
Gary;
nothing, Mitch's hub is a direct replacement for all MVs '99-'09

for '10-'11 the spacer next to the cush drive will need to be changed to the old style thick washer

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
thats my bike been off the road now for almost three weeks and still no sign of the freakin updated hub kit.
Having to wait for parts is just poor customer service, no excuses!

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
thats my bike been off the road now for almost three weeks and still no sign of the freakin updated hub kit. I visited my local dealer today to try and find out when the parts will arrive, give them their due they did phone motogb (UK importer) there and then, they had to leave another message for them to call back. Motogb did call back whilst I was chatting to the salesman Donald and their response was that the parts are on back order and would be at least another two weeks. I'm pretty disenchanted with the marque at this moment in time, please excuse my ignorance but is this what I should expect when owning a premium brand motorcycle?
A friend of mine waited over 6 weeks to get a new hub installed on his 312R, it lasted 300 miles and destroyed its self, the dealer then said that my friend must have ajusted the chain to tight, he explained that he hadn't, and that he didn't even no how to ajust the chain on a MV.

So another 6 weeks went by before another hub was installed, this time I went with him to pick it up and guess what? I checked the chain and it was like a guitar string. Alway, alway check your chain with somebody seatting on the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode