Houston we have a problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Houston we have a problem

I have read every thread on the forum about cooling issues and how to deal with them . I understand I live at the threshold to hell and its 100 degrees everyday BUT I have installed the muzzy fans , I'm running the upgraded impeller , took out the thermostat and serviced with water wetter/distilled water . My bike sitting at a traffic light will hit 236-240F with the fans running . I serviced the bike by filling up the lower rad first and then worked my way up . I've leaned it way over on both sides , running and shut down, I've tried pumping fluid into the the upper rad where the resivor connects . Besides the fan mod I've done everything possible and still can't win . I have searched the site up and down for tips and have done everything ive found so any suggestions would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 PM

Speed.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Try Evans Coolant, NPG-R. I used this in my 1999 Ducati 996 with good success. It is a waterless system. I think that the jug cost me around $40.

http://www.evanscooling.com/npg-r/

Also, one of the speed shops here in Denver, CO (Faster Motorsports) suggested having some work done on the radiator to improve the flow. He (Bart) had a name for the procedure, but I can't think of it, sorry. You can give them a call and ask for him. 303-825-0975 I am sure he could help you out.

2005 MV Agusta F41000S in Blue/Silver
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM

It's just not going to cool, all the mods you have done are to make a poor cooling system (it is the upgraded 750 cooling system from 2001) accepatble in 'normal' use................... The only real option you have left is to either run it without the side fairings or buy some of the vented on's that look crap.

I'm afriad you need to move house and live some where cooler

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickinhouston View Post
I have read every thread on the forum about cooling issues and how to deal with them . I understand I live at the threshold to hell and its 100 degrees everyday BUT I have installed the muzzy fans , I'm running the upgraded impeller , took out the thermostat and serviced with water wetter/distilled water . My bike sitting at a traffic light will hit 236-240F with the fans running . I serviced the bike by filling up the lower rad first and then worked my way up . I've leaned it way over on both sides , running and shut down, I've tried pumping fluid into the the upper rad where the resivor connects . Besides the fan mod I've done everything possible and still can't win . I have searched the site up and down for tips and have done everything ive found so any suggestions would be great
I see you have done the Impellar mod but i would suggest you fit our CNC racing Oversized water pump with fairings. we have noted tempratures not going over 100 Degrees celcius when installed on F4 1000R and 1078RR bikes in hot and humid climates.

I am that confident that it will reduce your tempratures to an acceptable levels that if you install it correctly and make sure there is no air in the cooling system and still tempratures run that high i will give you a full refund guarentee

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...ade_Water_Pump

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Last edited by DesignCorse; 07-21-2011 at 06:22 PM.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Established Member

Water pump

Wow. This upgrade looks promising. Even more so than the impeller upgrade I just purchased. I might just purchase one for my bike. I wonder if somebody can start a poll just to find out how many MV's actually overheated here. I already know mine will when it gets here because just like in Huston, its is very hot and humid here in Guam. I am starting to have regrets buying the bike now hearing almost everybody's heat problems.

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312

Last edited by billas f4; 07-21-2011 at 03:33 PM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas f4 View Post
Wow. This upgrade looks promising. Even more so than the impeller upgrade I just purchased. I might just purchase one for my bike. I wonder if somebody can start a poll just to find out how many MV's actually overheated here. I already know mine will when it gets here because just like in Huston, its is very hot and humid here in Guam. I am starting to have regrets buying the bike now hearing almost everybody's heat problems.
Don't bother with that poll. Every old model 1000 cc bike has overheating issues.

BTW; When I was very young we used to have a neighbor women we used to call Titty because ehrm,....eh. Well you know why.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”

Last edited by ErikV; 07-21-2011 at 03:43 PM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
Don't bother with that poll. Every old model 1000 cc bike has overheating issues.

BTW; When I was very young we used to have a neighbor women we used to call Titty because ehrm,....eh. Well you know why.
/\/\ haha. lol

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM

Check the operations of the thermostat and put it back in. Removing the thermostat does not allow the coolant enough time to transfer the heat in the radiator.

It will make the bike run even hotter as there is no way to regulate the temperature.

Not sure if any aftermarket make this, but maybe look for a thermostat that opens up at a lower temperature.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
lee

Don't know if you've run across the manual fan switch mod in your searching but it does the job. Just run the fans continuously below 40 mph. The whole trick is to get the jump on it before it gets so hot.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode