Arrow aftermarket exhaust tips melting - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Angry Arrow aftermarket exhaust tips melting

My MV dealer just installed on my 2010 F4 and after just 1 hour of riding the carbon fiber exhaust tips are melting. I thought they fixed this?! I would expect better from Arrow and MV especially when costing a small fortune...

Does anyone know if this bs is under Arrow's warranty? The right thing for MV or Arrow to do is replace the carbon tips ASAP at no charge.

What should I do? Who can I contact to get this issue resolved?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Established Member

Wow...that is one hot arse you have there! LOL Okay...that was bad...hope they step up to the plate and take care of them for you.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
My MV dealer just installed on my 2010 F4 and after just 1 hour of riding the carbon fiber exhaust tips are melting. I thought they fixed this?! I would expect better from Arrow and MV especially when costing a small fortune...

Does anyone know if this bs is under Arrow's warranty? The right thing for MV or Arrow to do is replace the carbon tips ASAP at no charge.

What should I do? Who can I contact to get this issue resolved?
CF melting? That's funny, I didn't know CF was a thermoplastic.

Deal only with your dealer and look at the warranty he gave you; you bought the bike from him. Don't bother with the warranties he's having to deal with.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 AM

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 10:55 AM

you must have an older version that was laying around
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 02:57 PM

does it have the MV corse stamped on the side like this pic?

I think the revised ones all have that stamp, but I don't think the first issued ones did (someone correct me if I am wrong)

If it is a new version.....just curious if you ride in a lot of traffic and get stuck at a stop or slow speeds a lot. I think this would be a lot harder on the tips without the wind cooling them off.

Worst case scenario, take your original tips off of the stock exhaust and have them ceramic coated black or something and put those back on. Annoying...yes.....big deal....no. The exhaust is still cool to have with the ECU.
Attached Images

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I do have the stamp on the sides. It looks just like yours kawininja but the resin on the tips is starting to burn/melt. I don't live an area with excessive traffic and it is frustrating that this is happening brand new after 1 hour of summer riding. This really does seem like a product defect that should be addressed... I hate to put back on the stock tips bc of a product that didn't work right from the start. It sounds like my only hope is to visit my MV dealer again..
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawininja View Post
does it have the MV corse stamped on the side like this pic?

I think the revised ones all have that stamp, but I don't think the first issued ones did (someone correct me if I am wrong)

If it is a new version.....just curious if you ride in a lot of traffic and get stuck at a stop or slow speeds a lot. I think this would be a lot harder on the tips without the wind cooling them off.

Worst case scenario, take your original tips off of the stock exhaust and have them ceramic coated black or something and put those back on. Annoying...yes.....big deal....no. The exhaust is still cool to have with the ECU.
I think MV have the best customers in the world!!

Anyone who pays top money for a product which fails instantly ,then says oh well I will fix it myself is either deluded or too scared to throw it back in their faces.

Would you pay a builder to build you a home then move in & find the roof leaks & the chimney falls off & the electrics fail, then say oh well I"ll get my tools out!!!!

I would not EVER accept any premium product which fails or breaks down. For this reason I will NOT be purchasing any more MV"s until they sort out their appalling customer service & quality issues. My company would go out of business if I sold a product NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

But of course others will still waste their money on a badge which no longer represents quality, but only pose value.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM

Resin isnt supposed to burn or melt. I think they sprayed the carbon with automotive clear to give it shine. You might have old stock with the non updated carbon tips. Talk to your dealer and get a replacement!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Going back to dealer this week...
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode