Vented Fairings for F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Vented Fairings for F4

Hi

Has anyone tried the vented fairing side panels on the F4?
Do these help with overheating issues?

how would the following combo deal with this problem on a 1078?

-upgraded water pump
-aluminum fans
-vented fairings

Inputs much appreciated.

michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Why not just do Lee's fan mod?
Less expensive.
Less work.
Works better than the mods you've mentioned.

Check out the fanzilla and son of fanzilla threads.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael ayache View Post

I would be interested in this as well. Even if you do Lee's Fanzilla mod to help with engine overheating when riding in stop-and-go traffic there is still the issue of the underfairing temperature during normal operation.

With inadequate venting there isn't enough air flow to keep the interior temperature to a reasonable level. My fuel tank gets downright HOT after a ride. Thighs, too.

The temperature inside the fairing gets high enough to have a shortening effect on the lifetime of electronic components, including the solid state EBS relay that seems to fail rather frequently.

I have been toying with the idea of buying a trashed fairing and playing with venting it and would like to know if anyone has done it already ...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 PM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael ayache View Post
Hi

how would the following combo deal with this problem on a 1078?

-upgraded water pump
-aluminum fans
-vented fairings

Inputs much appreciated.

michael
Hi Michael,

One of the problems with overheating and high tempratures is due to the fairings not having enough and correctly placed Vents on the fairings where hot air can flow out. We have fitted our Vented fairings on a 1000R and also installed the Oversized Racing CNC upgraded water pump and it makes great reductions in tempratures. Max temp Now even in Heavy traffic and high outside temprature and humidity it stays below 100 Degrees celcius.

Members from Philipines, Thailand and Singapore have now installed these and im sure someone who has done this mod will tell you themselfs how good it works.

See the link below of our parts im refering to:

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...raded_Fairings

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agus...ade_Water_Pump

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch Me View Post
I would be interested in this as well. Even if you do Lee's Fanzilla mod to help with engine overheating when riding in stop-and-go traffic there is still the issue of the underfairing temperature during normal operation.

With inadequate venting there isn't enough air flow to keep the interior temperature to a reasonable level. My fuel tank gets downright HOT after a ride. Thighs, too.

The temperature inside the fairing gets high enough to have a shortening effect on the lifetime of electronic components, including the solid state EBS relay that seems to fail rather frequently.

I have been toying with the idea of buying a trashed fairing and playing with venting it and would like to know if anyone has done it already ...

like this? I am in the process of having them repainted after the mod and I have screen that will go behind the holes so it will have the same look as the other vents.
I tried several different vent styles, shapes and sizes but I wanted something that looked good on the bike but had enough open area that even while sitting could vent a significant amout of heat. It should cool the bike off far faster once moving too.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomwithanF4 View Post
like this? I am in the process of having them repainted after the mod and I have screen that will go behind the holes so it will have the same look as the other vents.
I tried several different vent styles, shapes and sizes but I wanted something that looked good on the bike but had enough open area that even while sitting could vent a significant amount of heat. It should cool the bike off far faster once moving too.
Nice. Let us know how it works out.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

A member here Spypyp did his own vents & his bike looks fantastic - here's a pic - maybe you can contact him & ask him how he did it

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
A member here Spypyp did his own vents & his bike looks fantastic - here's a pic - maybe you can contact him & ask him how he did it

Thanks MVista you put me in the shit now..lol..
I did this mod about a year or so ago. These are fiber glass track fairings and had to be stiffened in the back where the vent was put in. I did it with a sheet of Carbon Fiber., but you can use fiber glass.
If you use the original guards you will not have to stiffen the back side where you place the vent as the original guards are very strong.
The bike runs at a consistent temp of 83 degrees Celsius (181F) and will get to 93 degrees Celsius (199F) stuck in traffic, thats stand still for 4-5 minutes...

The difference with the modification to the guards is the heat escapes very quickly thus not allowing it to over heat...and once you accelerate the temp will drop 8-10 degrees immediately...
These are the track guards and the belly pan is closed, unlike the original F4 which is open.
If you run the Standard Belly pan and do the mods to the upper fairing (extra vents) you will see a difference in temps of 10-15 Celsius (50-60). I have a difference of 20 degrees Celsius only because i run the Microtec and the Bodis Exhaust.

I hope this has answered some questions...anyway here are some pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by spypyp; 07-16-2011 at 05:57 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Ya done good Spy.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:05 AM

Very nice vents! Not too big or ugly like the vented fairings I've seen for the MV.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode