new in Town - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

new in Town

Hi¡ i am new to this forum, bought some months ago an MV F4 312R year 2008, 3400 kms on the clock(4500 kms now). Good bike but i have had to deal with some problems which i was not especting to have... overheating is been bad, here in Madrid Spain the start of the summer is hot but this year is been more than that. Already changed the impeller but it is not enough. when stopped in traffic it gets really hot.
Also respond at low rpms(4000-5000) is awful, i get a clitching or something when accelerating....
I know that both problems can be fixed adding a microtec ecu and free flow exhaust sistems(no cat). I already bought from ebay a f4 1000R collector, next will go a decat pipe and new exhaust (rg3 or bodies?? what else keeping the organ look?) mixed with a microtec ecu(i will contact xbikes for this; do they have a map for my bike for this typical modification?)

Also i already added carbon all around with a mv corse rear set.

I will try to post pics in the next posts, but last time i try the system baned me¿?¿?¿? maybe the system thinks i am spam???

Anyway thanks to everyone for sharing so much information in this forum which helps a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Welcome mate, go the Bodies for sure!

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I am going to try to post some pics:
the bike:

A blue/silver fairing kit i am planning to put in the future:

and an alcantara seat that will go with it(the biposto is pending of treatment)
post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvidia View Post
Hi¡ i am new to this forum, bought some months ago an MV F4 312R year 2008, 3400 kms on the clock(4500 kms now). Good bike but i have had to deal with some problems which i was not especting to have... overheating is been bad, here in Madrid Spain the start of the summer is hot but this year is been more than that. Already changed the impeller but it is not enough. when stopped in traffic it gets really hot.
Also respond at low rpms(4000-5000) is awful, i get a clitching or something when accelerating....
I know that both problems can be fixed adding a microtec ecu and free flow exhaust sistems(no cat). I already bought from ebay a f4 1000R collector, next will go a decat pipe and new exhaust (rg3 or bodies?? what else keeping the organ look?) mixed with a microtec ecu(i will contact xbikes for this; do they have a map for my bike for this typical modification?)

Also i already added carbon all around with a mv corse rear set.

I will try to post pics in the next posts, but last time i try the system baned me¿?¿?¿? maybe the system thinks i am spam???

Anyway thanks to everyone for sharing so much information in this forum which helps a lot.

Welcome! You've got the impeller, now get the MV Race ecu + RG3's, that'll get rid of the midrange problem. As for the heat: it is what it is. As you go faster it gets less. That's the bike it is, and I sometimes wish I still had it. I remember clearly a summer's day ride, stuck in holiday traffic... That was hot! But not unbearable.

Enjoy the ride, the 312R is a classic!

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Established Member

Welcome. You did not mention if you changed the plastic fans to the Muzzy alloys.

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
Welcome! You've got the impeller, now get the MV Race ecu + RG3's, that'll get rid of the midrange problem. As for the heat: it is what it is. As you go faster it gets less. That's the bike it is, and I sometimes wish I still had it. I remember clearly a summer's day ride, stuck in holiday traffic... That was hot! But not unbearable.

Enjoy the ride, the 312R is a classic!
I have been told that the microtec is the big ticket solving these problems, and it even lets you adjust fan starting temp. At one point i wanted to keep the bike modified but with oem only parts but at this point i am ready to surrender. I have read only good feedback about the microtec ecu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billas f4 View Post
Welcome. You did not mention if you changed the plastic fans to the Muzzy alloys.
I have not changed the fun blades jet but is on the to do list.....

Thanks all
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Established Member

From what I have read here it is important that it get changed right away. As soon as mine gets here, that together with the water pump impeller will be the first thing I will do.
Congrats on the new (to you) F4.

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvidia View Post
I have been told that the microtec is the big ticket solving these problems, and it even lets you adjust fan starting temp. At one point i wanted to keep the bike modified but with oem only parts but at this point i am ready to surrender. I have read only good feedback about the microtec ecu.

I have not changed the fun blades jet but is on the to do list.....

Thanks all

Start with the factory option I recommended; it's cheaper and it'll work.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Welcome mate ............ I know what your problem is it's that Ducati helmet sitting on top of the tank.

I have a 312R and mine shakes and shimmies if a Ducati bike comes near it - MV's are very sensitive beasts, you probably should put tape over the word Ducati or a sticker with MV on it and I think most of your troubles will be solved.

Seriously stay out of traffic jams, I love mine and yes it does get hot also look out for a leak in the radiator top left the horizontal tubes will get pulled apart by the weight of the radiators. I fixed mine with some epoxy metal stuff that I jammed into the tubes, no other issues!! I have completed 15 000kms and loved every minute!!!

Good luck with it!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode