fuelling on f4 1000-s 2004 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

fuelling on f4 1000-s 2004

dear forum members how is it best to cure this fuelling problem on f4 its terrible to ride below 3000 rpm not smooth tries to stall i have been told to re chip and fit power commander my f4 absolutely standard,my guzzi 1100-sport far smoother and duke 916 any help much appreciated mike uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 09:15 AM

the best fix i found was to not ride it under 3000rpm. 3000rpm is very low. I dont think too much time is spent on the fueling of these machines at revs such as these.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't think you need to both re-chip and fit PC, either on it's own will do, in fact if your bike is standard I'd just fit a PCIII and get your bike set up on a rolling road with dyno. There is a 'hole' in the power curve on the standard 1000S, a good tuner will put a custom map in the PC for you and sort the hole.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
There is a 'hole' in the power curve on the standard 1000S, a good tuner will put a custom map in the PC for you and sort the hole.
isnt that hole not til about 5k though? i really didnt think that a PC would have much effect under 3k. would like to be proved wrong though as if a PC made that much difference from such low revs id get one fitted.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
If I recall correctly it was between 3 and 4000 rpm on mine.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehow View Post
dear forum members how is it best to cure this fuelling problem on f4 its terrible to ride below 3000 rpm not smooth tries to stall i have been told to re chip and fit power commander my f4 absolutely standard,my guzzi 1100-sport far smoother and duke 916 any help much appreciated mike uk

Where are you based ?

I can do a new chip that would be alot better than what you have now including a new ignition curve, modified ebs map and fan control....I have been modifying it and testing it in my 2005 S.

But you need to make sure the base tune is set up propery ie idle CO, throttle balance and TPS is ok. Mind you, you would need to do this anyway.

Cheers
Adam
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Where are you based ?

I can do a new chip that would be alot better than what you have now including a new ignition curve, modified ebs map and fan control....I have been modifying it and testing it in my 2005 S.

But you need to make sure the base tune is set up propery ie idle CO, throttle balance and TPS is ok. Mind you, you would need to do this anyway.

Cheers
Adam
Id be interested in this too. where in the UK are you?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

mv05exy adam is based bristol
hes doing mine soon as soon as i can get some time sorted

adam things gone a bit pear shaped my end at mo real fund issue but working on it
perhaps we can make a day of it and do a few bikes and raid adams coffe n biscuits cupboard while we're there lol

life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
but by the moments that take our breath away
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 05:30 PM

I simply purchased a MV Corse Race ECU set up for RG3's. It's twice the machine it was before the ECU and the throttle is smooth through out the entire band

Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 AM

Skip the chip, just get a PCIII USB and get the bike to a dyno shop. Also, going from a 39 to a 41 tooth sprocket in the back helps with take off.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode