Please HELP! Fuse#3-keeps blowing - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Please HELP! Fuse#3-keeps blowing

Hi about a week ago i purchased a 2005 F4 1000s 1+1 with 749mi (i know very low mileage) so it was sitting in someones garage for a very long time. so i immediatly replaced the fuel, battery and oil. after that i replaced the taillight with a clear alternatives integraded directional LED light and a carbon fiber key guard. also installed HID kits in both (9005)high and (H3)low beam. ive been riding for a couple of days short distances. and when i hit about 802mi i noticed the Cluster/instrument panel was off. bike was running fine. all lights worked find just pretty much the Instument panel was off. i check fuses and it was fuse #3/(side lights-mileometer-fuel tank probe) 7.5 fuse. so i replace it and everything is back and working(weird). i ride to the store(about 2mi) and back. everything still fine. on my way to work this morning on about 10mi out of 40 i notice the cluster is off again. same fuse is out. i replaced it and when i turn the ignition on if blows again. after some research it seems it one the diodes. but i could be wrong any suggestions anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:11 AM

welcome to the forum mate. Sorry that your first post is related to an MV problem!! They arent all bad! Sounds like a wiring issue from where you have installed the HID. Im not an expert but there are plenty here who will help.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 AM

not that i think its related to this problem, but its very easy to reverse the polaritys on these bikes, ie install the battery round the wrong way, just check that you have that correct first. I think positive should be closest to the tank.........
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Welcome to the forum

Good luck with your 'el problemo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

The battery was installed identical to the way shown in the diagram on the MV electrical system pdf file i have. which shows the positive is away from tank towards tail-light. but im thinking since it used to work and while i was riding it will stop working its probably a wire pinch issue(hopefully). well now it doesnt work at all so hopefully i can ride back home with out the instrument panel working. i will double check the battery position. thanks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

the battery is mounted on its side

positive terminal toward the tail, negative under the tank mount

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Yes battery on its side positive towards tail and negative under bracket. So I get to my garage let it cool down take off covers, put 7.5 fuse in again everything works. Start move wire harnesses around and check for possible pinched wires NOTHING everything works as normal. Check all diodes and everybody is working happily. Turn bike on let temp reach 228 and #3u fuse is still working. Only thing left to do is ride it to put load onto it. Really scratching my head on this one!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

well im all set guys and thanks for the suggestions, it was the wire for the plate. the exhaust burnt the wire loom, the tape and wire insulation causing it to short out with the exhaust. so now the new wire i installed has a heat sleeve with again wire loom, and electrical tape. but the only issue now is that i left the plate bolts loose(apparently) so i got to work with no plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode