Need Help - Broke Down (again) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Need Help - Broke Down (again)

History - used 750 F4, fuel connectors cracked so those got replace. Bike has been running great since then except for today. We rode about 5 miles, filled up with fuel, rode another 15, the wife goosed it and went around a car then the bike lost power. Sounds like a fuel problem to me because it would turn over and run (like the attached vid) now that it's home, it will turn over only. The fuel pump kicks on...I notice there a spring on the outside on the left hand side of the throttle body that isn't tight, I can take a picture of that if needed? Just need to know where to start Maybe fuel filter? Clogged injector?

Thanks all - again

example of issue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFbFK7xmm8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
no go?

more than likely its the fuel line inside the tank.....

get some REAL submersible fuel injection line, SAE J30R10 spec line....you need 30cm to replace both pressurized lines, i use Breeze all stainless screw type clamps
i have the Clic-R pliers.....sorry, i trust the screw type clamps, while you're in there replace the fuel filter, use a standard automotive fuel injection filter WIX#30012 ~$4 at the auto parts store

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Noel!!! I'm going to give that a try. Do I need a new tank gasket or anything?

Good thing I get to take the tank off and drain the fuel! Oh wait, no, that sucks.

On the phone with parts store, 30012 doesn't cross reference to anything? Hehehe, the J30R10 doesn't either...

Last edited by Mr. Clean; 06-25-2011 at 07:08 PM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Also need the ID of the fuel lines inside the tank

You know, the wife was so happy today riding. Couldn't wait to ride tomorrow. Now there's no riding tomorrow and as it just so happens, this coming week is the one she rides to work every day because I'm at home with the kids.

Sometimes I wonder if the Italian stuff is worth owning. I don't mean to b8tch but man...Sometimes.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

If you strip it you will see the o-ring that seals the tank mate, if you are carefull and apply some silicon grease you can put it back in one piece. Strip it first and take the parts with you to the store as a sample. If you run into trouble then Truimph, Ducati and BMW use the same filters although more expensive.
Before you do anything have a read throught the workshop manual.
J30R10 is a spec not a part number.
BTW, that bike is 10 yrs old, I would imagine things starting to fail if not checked or replaced. Most brand bikes are only now starting to put fuel lines in fuel tank.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 06-25-2011 at 08:38 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 PM

Thumbs up lines?

the pressurized lines in the tank are 5/16" .....
the external ones 3/8"

like Donsy said SAE J30R10 is a spec, not a part number.....and get a standard auto fuel injection filter like a WIX #30012 ~$4 at the auto parts store
Aprilia fuel filters are $49 what do you think i'm using?

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

I call the auto parts store and mention J30R10 and WIX # 30012 and they go crosseyed. It's not like I'm in a GD back woods town either. DAMN!

Good points Neil. I'm trying, in futility, to not go off the deep end right now
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 PM

parts?

Mr. Clean;
i understand your problem......

there aren't many real auto parts stores anymore....even here in the LA area

fortunately for me i have Peerless Auto Parts, 310-856-4810 in Torrance Ca......you know the old fashioned kind of place, with real tools on the walls and no fuzzy steering wheel covers.......and they ALL speak only English.....

they deliver parts, so i imagine they'll ship to you too!
thanks John, Tony and Josh, you guys are life savers

give them a call!

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

I know it's a spec for the fuel line, but after no luck with the locals, I'm going to have to just say "submersible 5/16"
Also I can't find a WIX 30012, but it appears as though the BMW filter cross reference a NAPA gold 3032 filter

From a Triumph forum:
Fuel Filters
Triumph Stock - T1240850
AC GF61
BMW - 16 14 2 325 859
Fleetguard FF149
Fram G2
KNECHT MAHLE KL145
Motocraft FG-2
Napa Gold 3032
Purolator - F20011
Wix 33032

Wish me luck!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 PM

New Site Garage
+1

That's the OEM filter, Knecht Mahle KL145

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode