Spare parts take 8 weeks?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Spare parts take 8 weeks??

I wondered if anyone new where I could get the top and bottom bushes for my front forks from in the UK? Its a 2007 F4 312 and apparently there arn't any in the country and there is an 8 week wait to have them from Italy!!!

Any help gratefully received as the bike won't MOt without the bushes and British summertime has almost gone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 AM

How many k's have you done n what r the symptoms??

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mop749 View Post
I wondered if anyone new where I could get the top and bottom bushes for my front forks from in the UK? Its a 2007 F4 312 and apparently there arn't any in the country and there is an 8 week wait to have them from Italy!!!

Any help gratefully received as the bike won't MOt without the bushes and British summertime has almost gone....

Hi, are u referring to the steering head bearings ?

joe
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:11 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome mate

Okay, as Joe says, are you referring to steering head bearings ? Have you tried greasing them and doing them up again.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:

MV in Italy is having some problems. My local dealer said they are required to have at least $200 in parts before they place an order.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 01:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
parts?

welcome aboard!

try going to Marzocchi instead of the dealer

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
If it is the steering bearings your after, then check with a Ducati dealer, as the 916 range use the same bearings .

EMAIL :
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies.

The bike has done 6,500 miles. I am told by the dealer that its the fork bushes, top and bottom and they are leaking, hence MOT failure. Let me know if I need to be more specific on this and I'll ask the dealer.

Apparently there are none in the country, hence the delay.

Thanks again for the help
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:04 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
I suspect if the dealer used the word "Leaking" to describe a fault on the forks, then they might be refering to the fork seals ( but don't know what they mean by top & bottom).

Ask the dealer for some more info and the forum will try and help out..

Just in case it is the fork seals, try these guys as they stock most sizes for most bike models.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

EMAIL :
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all your replies.

The bike has done 6,500 miles. I am told by the dealer that its the fork bushes, top and bottom and they are leaking, hence MOT failure. Let me know if I need to be more specific on this and I'll ask the dealer.

Apparently there are none in the country, hence the delay.

Thanks again for the help
They don't have to come from MV, do a search for the Marzochi importer, thats what Maxton did when they revalved my forks, they're also about 50% of the cost v MV prices

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode