Do Mvs stand up to high miles? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Do Mvs stand up to high miles?

Im looking to buy an F4 750, will be a fairly early one I expect as I dont have a huge budget to buy one.

I know of a couple for sale which Im interested in but 2 of them have done around 20,000 miles. How do these bikes stand up to big miles?

The 3 bikes im interested in:

2001 model with 200 miles on the clock, 1 owner from new but been stood from about 2 weeks old due to illness.

2002 model, standard, 3 owners from new FSH, 20000 miles 4k

2000 model, Arrow exhausts, Gilles rearsets, power commander, loads of carbon bits, all standard parts 4500 (planned on selling the exhaust, power commander, gilles if i got this one to get some money back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 AM

Yup they really can do the miles - but I'd be after that 2001 bike
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yeah, problem is he wants 5k for it.. I only have 4 really
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer View Post
Yeah, problem is he wants 5k for it.. I only have 4 really
Make an effort and offer him 4,5
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I have been trying that for the last month! originally he said he would take 4500 but i only had 4k, now i ot the extra he said no lower than 5k as he looked around and thinks its worth that all day long!

Grr...

So tht leaves th other 2!

What would the arrows, power commander and gilles be worth as i want a standard bike!
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:20 AM

Don't exactly, but if they are in good condition they are surely worth more that 500. Thought i'd keep the PC3 if the bike is running fine with it and only sell the Gilles and Arrows.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yeah i thought about 500, which would leave the bike standing me ag 4k, which is the same as tne 2002 model..
Id have thought id need to change the power commander if removing the pipes?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Don't worry about the miles....mine's done 53,000kms and is running like a rocket.....
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4SR View Post
Don't worry about the miles....mine's done 53,000kms and is running like a rocket.....
only if you could ride ir like a rocket!

But i would take the 01 stock. I had the 02, 750, at 22500 klm first track day, did the big end bearing. When i whent to trade in, took the RG3 off and took the chip out and back to stock, ran like shit. So take the stock 01 but get it checked the best you can
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:59 AM
I'd go for the 200 miler out of the ones you've mentioned, but you will probably have to change tyres, battery, oil and filter etc. bearing in mind it must have been stood for an extended period.

Buying a F4 on a limited budget is a bit like walking on thin Ice. They are no compromise bikes and frankly if I was you I'd save up a while longer before taking the plunge. It's high season here in the UK (I'm assuming you are in the UK too). Buy a bike in the winter months and you'll get more for your 's. If you can't wait and want one now I can understand that, impulse is not always a bad thing I believe, but if you are looking to perhaps sell 'extras' to get money back on your purchase price then I think you might struggle with running the bike. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I'd hate to see you putting the bike up for sale a few months after you buy it because it's costing too much to keep on the road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode