2010 F4 Exhaust Tips...Removable? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

2010 F4 Exhaust Tips...Removable?

Guys,

I noticed on the MV Agusta website for the US that it says this about the four exhaust tips:

"The 4 “outlets” under the tail section have been redesigned and are removable offering the possibility of being personalised with MV aftermarket accessories."

Not wanting to start any flame wars, but, I actually prefer the look of the earlier F4's that had just four bare metal exhaust tips coming out and not some gray plastic protectors that are pop-riveted on.

If these are actually removable, how do you get them off and what is underneath? Also, I have never seen or heard of any "MV aftermarket accessories" for the exhaust.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM

Thoughts? Oh I have many!!! But I don't want to offend you. Plastic protector huh?

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM

Forget the exhaust tips. Paint everything pretty blue!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
Forget the exhaust tips. Paint everything pretty blue!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 AM

I think that MV may have a plan to release some aftermarked tips later on. I was hoping that they would come out with some carbon ones, that won't blister up. I don't really want to buy the RG4 system, but the tips are nice.

BTW, I love the quad square tip design. It carries the flow of the new bike perfectly. The round ones looked good on the older "rounded lines" models. This new one is so rigid looking that round just wouldn't fit well, in my opinion.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 AM

I'm sure the stock system can be modded to sound like the RG4 system. Grab a drill and drill out the rivets, pull the tips and see whats underneath.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperF4 View Post
I think that MV may have a plan to release some aftermarked tips later on. I was hoping that they would come out with some carbon ones, that won't blister up. I don't really want to buy the RG4 system, but the tips are nice.

BTW, I love the quad square tip design. It carries the flow of the new bike perfectly. The round ones looked good on the older "rounded lines" models. This new one is so rigid looking that round just wouldn't fit well, in my opinion.
They've sorted the problems with the carbon. The RG4 is a no brainer even @ that price...

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
They've sorted the problems with the carbon. The RG4 is a no brainer even @ that price...
I know they sorted out the problem. I just can't justify buying another full system for a liter bike. I will never use 90% of what it is stock, so why buy addional power?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 06:13 PM

You buy sound. Not power.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperF4 View Post
I know they sorted out the problem. I just can't justify buying another full system for a liter bike. I will never use 90% of what it is stock, so why buy addional power?
Because it adds a lot of power to the mid range as well. Bike becomes much smoother..... And yes they all dyno @ 180+ @ the wheel

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode