Mpg - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Mpg

OK, so after riding pretty much anything on 2 wheels for about 35 years, I have recently become the overly excited owner of a 2007 F4 the my wife got me for my birthday. (yes, she is AWSOME!!!). However, after putting about 600 miles on it in the last 2 weeks, I have noticed that compared to pretty much every bike I have ever owned, the fuel milage is horrible, right at 25 MPG, no matter how hard or asy I am riding.
Is this normal for the model or am I not riding in a style that it was designed to be ridden. Either way it doesnt really matter because the bike is incredible, just wondering.

Remain calm, be professional, and always have a plan to kill everyone in the room
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 AM

how many litres is the tank? if i take it easy on a commute my reserve light comes on at about 135-140. I can get 150 out of a tank. just. but if i go out and give it the beans, i get about 20% less.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 AM
dml
Established Member

Mine in city gets like 10L for 100km....

Last saturday i went for a ride with friends like 100km going from 50km/h to 90km/h and the rest 80km about 200km/h . It was my best fuel comsumption 8,9 liters for 100km . My bike is all stock. I think removing the CAT and putting a Microtec helps alot!
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM

I think it's an Italian thing. I have never gotten good mileage out of any Euro bike. I used to get 35mpg or better out of my R1, but haven't gotten over 30mpg in any italian bike. I always just figured I'd get a GSXR600 if i wanted a comuter with good mpg
If i make 100 miles on a tank, then i'm doing good
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperF4 View Post
If i make 100 miles on a tank, then i'm doing good
same here

If at first you don't succeed, use a hammer instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I can get 120 - 130 miles per tank, but that's not what the F4 is about really. Just as an aside the worst bike I rode for fuel consumption was a Honda Firestorm V twin. It was abysmal on fuel, much worse than the F4.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies guys. Figured it was more af a design thing but wanted to check anyway. The fuel light comes on right at 100 miles and 4 gal. consistantly. Either way, still gonna ride the snot out of it and not worry about the fuel bit. thanks again

Remain calm, be professional, and always have a plan to kill everyone in the room

2007 F4
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM

I have a 2005 F4 and get 30-35 mpg commuting to work and 40-45 mpg on rides in the mountains.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Established Member

My 2000 F4S goes on reserve around 160 miles so I get around 40 mpg when I am not really using all the rpm. With more spirit in the wrist it drops to about 38 mpg and those are those skinny little US gallons not that great big Imperial ones.

Again as others have said not what you buy it for. Someone said it is an Italian thing but my Ducati S2R 1000 gets around 55 mpg and my ST2 got almost 60 mpg so it can be done. More common for me with Ducati is 40 mpg or something close to that.

Jim
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
I get 10Litres per 100kms also,I have full Bodis system and Arrow race ECU.I know they are thirsty and I just live with it,Mitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode