F4 750: can it take a quick shifter?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

F4 750: can it take a quick shifter??

I'm considering fitting the quick shifter which plugs and plays with my power commmander

I'm curious re the strength of the 750 box. Now iv not heard of any box's let go and I don't want to be the first.

If anyone's fitted a q.s on a road going 750 I'd be interested to hear your wear and tear views from experience...

"The first rule of Italian driving: Whats behind me is not important" 'The Gumball Rally' 1976
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 AM

What's kind of shift do you have right now? standard or reverse? if you do have reverse style get PC DYNO PULL QS just plugs in your PC and ask local dyno tunning set your QS work at 3000-3500rpm, if you have standard shifter then get PUSH QS..............................DO THE SAME ABOVE. I don't think it wear and tear on road, all depend on riders, even without QS some riders wear and tear their gear box

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike

Last edited by PhilAgusta; 06-15-2011 at 09:20 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Hi Phil, I just have the standard Mv gear change at the moment, the guy who'll fit the q.s says it'll be fine and would only round the gears after loads and loads of miles but asked me to check if there's any inherent gearbox problems / weakness before we fit it

"The first rule of Italian driving: Whats behind me is not important" 'The Gumball Rally' 1976
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM

Quick shift

Hi James.
I am going for a quickshift system that does not need a P.C. and costs just as much as the add-on bits for the P.C.
I think the gearbox is strong enough, but of course it depends on the rider.
Anyway, I have a spare gearbox!!
With this system the clutchless downshift is not possible as MV is the "only bike in the world" that makes fitting unrealistic. Space problems under the airbox aparently.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:05 AM

James,
if you put load of load miles on all bikes, with or without QS, all gear box will tear and wear. Ask you self this would you willing to pay or change out for gear box with little fun with QS? I would says yes, is that true to most of track rider do, they would do anything to get couple second of their time.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have one on my 750. I only have it because it is so darn cool. If you upshift with out the clutch, I do, the qs makes it much, much smoother.

CAG
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have one on my 750. I only have it because it is so darn cool. If you upshift with out the clutch, I do, the qs makes it much, much smoother.

CAG
Hey Cag, this plain n simply is why I'm considering fitting one. I do about 3k per year and after pimping it to the eye balls it's about all that's left- and the brembo racing thumb brake

I'll give Jeff @ GTech the thumbs up

Cheers all for the feedback- good to hear from you too Frank, hope it's rainging with you lol

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 PM

You need dynojet part number 4-104 which is a linear push sensor kit. Some drilling and tapping required.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:53 PM

New Site Garage
Post +10

Gearbox should be fine mate.
I have used the Dynojet shifter with Powercommander and got okay results, I now use the Dynojet shifter but connected to the Microtec ECU from X-Bikes.
The difference is amazing, so much smoother than the PC set-up. I could change hard on the gas leaning right over, 3rd to 4th, with the change so smooth that I looked down at my gear indicater to see if I did actualy hook 4th.
The Powercommander's problem is that you can only select one ignition interuption time for all gears, and there are other systems which allow adjustment of individual gears timing, which in turn allows you to tune it perfectly and thus being softer on the gearbox. I am not worried about backshifting with quickshifter as I like to feel what the back wheel is doing as I let the clutch out.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode