Ohlins ttx shock - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Smile Ohlins ttx shock

I saw on ebay a ttx shock for sale the guy says that its only done 500 miles as the engine expired on his 07 1000 f4 he is looking for 800 is it worth that kind of money? does anyone know if this will fit my 1078rr and are there any questions in need to ask the guy about the shock?

cheers
Gaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 AM

The shock should fit onto your 1078RR.

Is it worth that kind of money...hmmm... really depends how good you are as a rider!! If you can out ride the stock suspension system and ride as good as the GP guys, then you shouldn't be even asking this question.

Its alot of money for a shock with a fancy sticker so you can brag to your mates you have Ohlins if you are riding on the streets 99% of the time!!!

SO the answer is it depends!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM

Dude, he wasnt asking if its wroth sepending the money on a shock, he was asking if a used Ohlins TTX is worth 800

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +10

I know the guy is true to his word, the shock is the real thing.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37515

Ask him about the price if you want, he has also put it up in the "For Sale" section on the here. You don't have to be a MotoGp rider to out ride the stock schock, the Ohlins can give you a much better quality ride on the road too.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 AM

I have just fitted a TTX and ohlins forks to my S1000RR, one thing to think about though (and this happened on both my F4 and BMW) just fitting the shock will show up just how bad the std forks are.

I fitted my Maxton shock to the rear of my F41000R and was going to have the forks valved over the winter....................I described it at the time like sitting in an armchair hanging on to a pneumatic road drill

The BMW was the same, I fitted the shock before the forks due to it arriving a week before the forks

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

I never thought of that mikef4uk, I've had the suspension set up to suit my weight and riding style and its pretty good I just thought getting the shock might make it better still. I couldn't afford the money to get ohlins at both ends
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 AM

The like of Kais etc could revalve your front to match the rear, circ 500

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM
How much are they to buy new?

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Just had a look on line theres an ohlins dealer got the ttx for sale 930 including VAT. will give them a call tomorrow
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenaugo View Post
I paid a 1000 for a brand new one in 2009, so IMO 800 is not bad for a 'nearly' new one.

It improved the bike if only by having damping adjusters which actually have an effect and do something when you alter them. The OEM shock adjusters (if you can call them that) seem to have two settings, full on & full off !

I only use my MV on track so I haven't felt the front being too bad as a consequence of fitting the TTX, also the TTX has stopped the rear tyre getting torn to shreds,, so it must be doing something better !!!
I noticed that the tyre pattern 'smoothed' out quite a lot on both the MV and the BMW, I wonder if tyre life will increase?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode