Tail tidy guru's... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Tail tidy guru's...

I'm now looking into cleaning up the rearend a little with a tail tidy. So far Melotti looks to be the winner however I'm scratching my head. In Texas we have to have: license plate, registration sticker on license plate, and state inspection sticker. The tail tidy kits (Melotti included) do not have additional space for state inspections stickers. How are you guys going about this? Can the inspection sticker be placed anywhere on the bike or mandatory placement on tail plate? I seem to remember in the military before getting into motorcycles that I saw some riders putting stickers on their forks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM

you can't put it on your forks, but you can place it anywhere in the rear of the bike. I have had mine on the back of the plate, side of the swing arm, under the seat cowl, and under the tail near the brake light and never had issues. I've even just carried it in my pocket before and just showed it when they asked to see it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 02:34 PM

+1
Agree with above. I suppose it also depends on how strict is the law enforcement force in your area.
Down here (Laredo, TX) it's really no big deal at all, Melotti looks great and works fine.
Cheers,
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Going through the threads it appears that most of the dealers have discontinued carrying the Melotti...vesuvio (out of business?), motovation, emoto (bad rap). It looks like my options are Gutsy (out of stock) and overseas purchases.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MV]Parker View Post
Going through the threads it appears that most of the dealers have discontinued carrying the Melotti...vesuvio (out of business?), motovation, emoto (bad rap). It looks like my options are Gutsy (out of stock) and overseas purchases.
These Evoluzione look nice and do the job.
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1348|MV%20Agusta&p roductID=4700&showDetail=1&categoryID=2095|MV%20Ag usta%20Plate%20relocator&vendoridtodisplay=0&filte rFor=&collection=168|European%20Motorcycle%20Parts

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=205
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 03:24 AM
MRT

Quote:
Check out fleabay, the melotti usually shows up if you search MV Agusta. I have the melotti with rizoma track 77 indicators. Both are really top quality, well made items.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 03:25 AM
MRT

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 11:07 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Quote:

We have these Available in stock if intrested.

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Motovation does not have a bad rap!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Motovation does not have a bad rap!
I was talking about emotouk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode