RexXer ECU Programmer - Anyone? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
dml
Established Member

RexXer ECU Programmer - Anyone?

Hi all

Does anyone reprogrammed their ECU with this?

http://www.rexxer.eu/e_produkte.cfm

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dml View Post
Hi all

Does anyone reprogrammed their ECU with this?

http://www.rexxer.eu/e_produkte.cfm

Cheers

I briefly looked into this stuff a few years ago. In the end i think i didn't have the adjustment levels that i was after and the cost for what it could offer was not as good as the Microtec stuff.

At the time i looked into most things available and always ended up back at Microtec.

There isn't much info on that site of exactly what it will allow you to do for each type of bike and what info there is gives the impression that you only install prewritten maps and don't have full access to do your own mapping..............well not without spending a few thousand euro's.

Unless i've read it wrong of course which is entirely possible.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Never heard of it.
Better go with Microtec
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
dml
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
I briefly looked into this stuff a few years ago. In the end i think i didn't have the adjustment levels that i was after and the cost for what it could offer was not as good as the Microtec stuff.

At the time i looked into most things available and always ended up back at Microtec.

There isn't much info on that site of exactly what it will allow you to do for each type of bike and what info there is gives the impression that you only install prewritten maps and don't have full access to do your own mapping..............well not without spending a few thousand euro's.

Unless i've read it wrong of course which is entirely possible.
Yes poor info on the site...

I was just checking... MicroTec is the way to go!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 PM

What a shame there isn't a service that allows flashing of the stock ecu to allow minor alteration for local conditions/temperatures/fuel.
I had the misfortune to get caught in a traffic jam and found out firsthand that the low speed first gear crawl is virtually impossible on this bike, particularly as it heats up. I am quite happy with the running in other conditions and situations. I do not require more hp, and do not plan to spend mega $ on cat removal etc.
I have spent the last few nights trawling the net, looking for the likely cause of this issue and low cost solutions (AU$200 would seem reasonable to me) It gets interesting, as you find someone making a statement that appears plausible, you can find another saying the exact opposite!
I don't need it to be perfect, I just would like it to be more rideable in that situation. (lights, roundabouts etc)
Conclusions so far:
The area that needs adjustment is the low end range where the o2 sensor is controlling things. The exhaust flapper is closed too.
Solutions considered:
Add a secondary IAT sensor (switched on in hot temp or round town) with a more resistance to force the ecu to richen the mix? Not possible unless the plugs can be sourced (don't want to cut the loom).
Reposition the IAT sensor to an area where it doesn't get the heat buildup? Currently it sits above the header tank and gets all the rising heat from the radiator. I note the F4 has the sensor in the air intake tract.
Alter TPS to the upper and of the range to achieve the same?
PC? - doesn't work in the low end unless major mods to disable the o2 sensor and ignore the error code.
Jam the flapper open and disconnect the cables? Haven't thought this through yet, but I doubt this would fix the issue, as I think the flapper doesn't open until later in the range.
Whilst I understand the designers' needs to economically produce a system for the whole world that covers all conditions and epa laws, it would be nice to be able to make small adjustments.

Thoughts?

Last edited by revhead1957; 05-25-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
What a shame there isn't a service that allows flashing of the stock ecu to allow minor alteration for local conditions/temperatures/fuel.
I had the misfortune to get caught in a traffic jam and found out firsthand that the low speed first gear crawl is virtually impossible on this bike, particularly as it heats up. I am quite happy with the running in other conditions and situations. I do not require more hp, and do not plan to spend mega $ on cat removal etc.
I have spent the last few nights trawling the net, looking for the likely cause of this issue and low cost solutions (AU$200 would seem reasonable to me) It gets interesting, as you find someone making a statement that appears plausible, you can find another saying the exact opposite!
I don't need it to be perfect, I just would like it to be more rideable in that situation. (lights, roundabouts etc)
Conclusions so far:
The area that needs adjustment is the low end range where the o2 sensor is controlling things. The exhaust flapper is closed too.
Solutions considered:
Add a secondary IAT sensor (switched on in hot temp or round town) with a more resistance to force the ecu to richen the mix? Not possible unless the plugs can be sourced (don't want to cut the loom).
Reposition the IAT sensor to an area where it doesn't get the heat buildup? Currently it sits above the header tank and gets all the rising heat from the radiator. I note the F4 has the sensor in the air intake tract.
Alter TPS to the upper and of the range to achieve the same?
PC? - doesn't work in the low end unless major mods to disable the o2 sensor and ignore the error code.
Jam the flapper open and disconnect the cables? Haven't thought this through yet, but I doubt this would fix the issue, as I think the flapper doesn't open until later in the range.
Whilst I understand the designers' needs to economically produce a system for the whole world that covers all conditions and epa laws, it would be nice to be able to make small adjustments.

Thoughts?

Or fit a Microtec and have full control of everything with no need to jam anythign open, find a work around for 02 sensors etc or live with error codes.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:07 PM

Thanks Chris, but that's big $ for a minor tweak.
Yes, I know, I'm cheap, but I am 95% happy with the bike as it is.

Last edited by revhead1957; 05-26-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode