Identity Number signification (Da vinci code ?) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Cool Identity Number signification (Da vinci code ?)

I tried to understand the logic code used in the identity numbers of the differents F4 models. some of the last six digits began by a 100xxx they seems to be US models instead of other country models beginning by 00xxx , but i'm not sure of this possible conclusion. I have no idea if there are differences between the numbers of the Evo2 and Evo 3 os spécial editions "Senna etc..." and in the differents years of production
Does anyone knows about those numbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 03:27 AM
Established Member

Salut la France
Bonne question
Well, I tell you what I know.
Example: ZCGF511BA6V004035 for F4 1000 Biposto Europe
ZCGAKFGM26V200320 for F4 1000 Biposto US
Europe VIN:
ZCG > Manufacturer
F5 > Model
11 > Mono/Biposto ?
BA > Model version
6 > Production year
V > Manufacturer location (Varese, Italy) ??
Last 6 numbers > Frame number
But for the US VIN I can not help you more.
In Kuwait we have both models on the street.

Don't cry, for you also the dream will become reality ! Why not ? F4 1000, Brutale S, 998S, Husqy TE510
Patrick
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:46 PM

I think this means that I own the 12th F4 Strada ever produced. 312th if you count the Oro models?

1999 was the first year of production for the non-Oro models, and I've got 00012.

ZCGAGFLJ9YV100012

I thought I had a 2000 but the VIN shows a 9 and the registry says 1999 no matter what I put it. Although I have two radiators, which is weird since the mvfaq says the 99 models were one radiator and the 2000's were two radiators.

Either way, she's one of the oldest F4's MVs around. Freakin' Awesome.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks Patrick,
My bike has been bought new in France and first registered in july 2000.
VIN is ZCGF401BBYV001495
All seems to match with your information : F4 type , 01 "solo seat", BB should be the model
but there is a "Y" letter where should be the year production.
Have you an idea about this "Y" ?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Established Member

You need the decoder ring! admin will post it to you after 500 post, it can also be had on ebay from time to time!
Last digits should specify production year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTW36
I tried to understand the logic code used in the identity numbers of the differents F4 models. some of the last six digits began by a 100xxx they seems to be US models instead of other country models beginning by 00xxx , but i'm not sure of this possible conclusion. I have no idea if there are differences between the numbers of the Evo2 and Evo 3 os spécial editions "Senna etc..." and in the differents years of production
Does anyone knows about those numbers
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 06:55 PM

this is a real good way for a criminal to get people to post vins for him to use . my mom told me not to talk to strangers...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

VIN is not a great secret, anybody can read it on my frame when i'm out of my garage ?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos1111
this is a real good way for a criminal to get people to post vins for him to use . my mom told me not to talk to strangers...
OMG!!!!! The registry must be a gigantic criminal conspiracy. One day, some super thief will steal all the MVs in the world!!!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 09:29 AM

maybee my point was missed , true anyone can see ur vin on ur bike ,an im sure anyone who visits a forum is a great person , but i dont live in happy go lucky land , see we have whats called bad cops out .they are friends with the bad guys in ur area . an these cops sell off ur personal info for a price what they need is ur vin or ur tag # the pay off im told is about 500 $ . u see if u live in america there are computers in cop cars now that are linked to national data bases , then what u have is nice demographisc to work from . someone who has a 20, 000 bike will prob have other nice stuff . so kiddies dont talk to strangers dont give out ur personel info over then net < which is what i tell my 10 yr old > an be smart
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos1111
maybee my point was missed , true anyone can see ur vin on ur bike ,an im sure anyone who visits a forum is a great person , but i dont live in happy go lucky land , see we have whats called bad cops out .they are friends with the bad guys in ur area . an these cops sell off ur personal info for a price what they need is ur vin or ur tag # the pay off im told is about 500 $ . u see if u live in america there are computers in cop cars now that are linked to national data bases , then what u have is nice demographisc to work from . someone who has a 20, 000 bike will prob have other nice stuff . so kiddies dont talk to strangers dont give out ur personel info over then net < which is what i tell my 10 yr old > an be smart
I basically think you're fear mongering. Even after your explanation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode