Worth 13k? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Worth 13k?

Is my 2002 f4 worth 13k? It has 896 miles on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 12:46 AM

I dunno. A brand new 2005/2006 1000 would be about $5K more but I've heard 2000 models selling in the $10K range recently.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
I dunno. A brand new 2005/2006 1000 would be about $5K more but I've heard 2000 models selling in the $10K range recently.
sweet elise in the avatar!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to long3jl
i bought my 2001 F4 750 with 960 miles on it for $13,000. Some would say I paid too much but I was thoroughly happy with the overall condition of my bike.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
Depends, where are you located? Prices differ depending on location as well. For instance, I've found bikes in Miami like this to be priced very high, while regular Jap bikes are very cheap and usually beat to death.

Your bike is very nice, and has very very low miles, so I think you should get whatever you think is fair. I am probably your target market, though, and I can tell you I'm looking at 2005 BRAND NEW for just over $17K, so my answer would be no, I wouldn't pay $13 for an 02 750.

I think the way your ad was worded made it sound very firm and like you didn't even decide you really wanted to sell the bike, so that might affect some of the people looking at it.

Other things come into play as well. Any exhaust/chip mods, or bone stock? Do you have receipts for the first service? Do you have the title free and clear, or does someone have to hassle with a bank or CU to get it? Are you motivated to sell, or just fishing for cash for your bike?

It has been my experience here in Florida that the 750s just aren't bringing near their rightful values since the 1000 S came out. People just feel like the 750 is underpowered or overpriced, especially since MV has now shown what they could really have done if they wanted to with that engine.

I'm really trying to answer in as neutral and helpful way as possible from every major point of view.

On a personal note, I would LOVE to have your bike, but not at $13K + shipping from wherever you are, but that's just me. Now let B4 flame me for it.

Was this response helpful? I'm trying...

Have a great day, and good luck if you decide you'd really like to sell.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Established Member

NOMO, FWIW I just bought the same bike that you have, albeit with 7K more on the clock, for $10.5K.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blavenia
Depends, where are you located? Prices differ depending on location as well. For instance, I've found bikes in Miami like this to be priced very high, while regular Jap bikes are very cheap and usually beat to death.

Your bike is very nice, and has very very low miles, so I think you should get whatever you think is fair. I am probably your target market, though, and I can tell you I'm looking at 2005 BRAND NEW for just over $17K, so my answer would be no, I wouldn't pay $13 for an 02 750.

I think the way your ad was worded made it sound very firm and like you didn't even decide you really wanted to sell the bike, so that might affect some of the people looking at it.

Other things come into play as well. Any exhaust/chip mods, or bone stock? Do you have receipts for the first service? Do you have the title free and clear, or does someone have to hassle with a bank or CU to get it? Are you motivated to sell, or just fishing for cash for your bike?

It has been my experience here in Florida that the 750s just aren't bringing near their rightful values since the 1000 S came out. People just feel like the 750 is underpowered or overpriced, especially since MV has now shown what they could really have done if they wanted to with that engine.

I'm really trying to answer in as neutral and helpful way as possible from every major point of view.

On a personal note, I would LOVE to have your bike, but not at $13K + shipping from wherever you are, but that's just me. Now let B4 flame me for it.

Was this response helpful? I'm trying...

Have a great day, and good luck if you decide you'd really like to sell.
No flaming needed. I do agree with most of what you wrote. The thing is that most 1000's are going for around 18k so, thats 5k more. To me, that 5 k was a big difference when I determined to buy this bike in the spring and thats why I bought. It has no mods. There are some carbon pieces but I have all the stock ones too. As far as motivation is concerned... You are correct... I have very little! I'm just trying to make room for my new car which I see you own as well. 13k is fair. PM me if you would like more pics .

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Cool, I hope you enjoy it! Its a great bike!

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blavenia
.....I am probably your target market, though, and I can tell you I'm looking at 2005 BRAND NEW for just over $17K, so my answer would be no, I wouldn't pay $13 for an 02 750.
Blavenia, just curious since you are in the market, what do you think a 2002 750 with under 1,000 miles would be worth? Would $12.5 or $12K be a good price if it was within driving distance (ie: no need to ship)?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
Blavenia, just curious since you are in the market, what do you think a 2002 750 with under 1,000 miles would be worth? Would $12.5 or $12K be a good price if it was within driving distance (ie: no need to ship)?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode